Chapter Seventeen

Prior the next morning, the White Tiger Army was getting prepared to depart from the main camp out of the valley and make their way towards the neutral land that was the borderline between the Shé and the Lóng country.

The soldiers had yet to see Commander Hop and Commander Sun and had wondered where the two had disappeared off to.

Meanwhile, inside a large red tent, a small figure could be seen beside a small trunk of clothes standing in front of a large man whom was dressed in armour holding a massive trunk in his arms.

"You're not taking so little, are you?" Commander Sun looked sceptically at the small figure. "I know that you only need a small trunk since you're so small, but shouldn't you prepare more than this?" He looked sceptically at the small trunk that was beside the feet of the figure dressed in a black robe.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling sighed for the hundredth time as she listens to this annoying man. She hadn't seen him for a few days and hoped to not have to see him until they arrive at the neutral land later. Nevertheless, this man did not live up to her expectations, and had come prancing into her tent once again carrying a gigantic chest with him.

Not feeling like she wanted to deal with this man she picked up her small suitcase and walked directly pass him to the middle of the camp, followed by a pecking Commander Hop.

Upon arrival, Hǔ Bái Ping Ling was greeted by the sight of several soldiers running back and forth, placing weapons and armours here and there. Shouting at each other as to what to take.

She rubbed the area between her brows before setting her trunk down. Bringing two fingers to her lips, she blew out harshly, sounding a loud whistle.

The bustling soldiers came to a stop when they heard the whistle. Turning to look at the small figure dressed in black standing in front of the massive figure dressed in the usual army armour, they were gleeful in their hearts that the two most important people had finally arrived!

"Commander Hop, Commander Sun!" The soldiers exclaimed one after another.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling frowned as she waved her hands. "What are you guys running around like headless chickens for?"

A senior soldier, who's long brown hair was tied back into a tight bun and his blue eyes shimmering, bowed towards Hǔ Bái Ping Ling. "Commander Hop, we are preparing for battle." He respectfully reported.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling's frown deepened. The soldiers seeing this gulped. Ah, what had they done wrong for their Commander Hop to frown like this?!

"Stop what you're doing. You only need a bow and a carriage full of arrows, take a small trunk of clothes with you. Prepare enough water for the journey and let each soldier have a horse each, oh and stop wearing your blingy clothes and change them to black robes instead. Geeze, we're not going to a disco party!" Listing the things that she wanted them to take, she didn't bother with their confused expressions as she made her way to the stable with her trunk in hand.

Sooner rather than later, the army was finally organised and prepared everything that Hǔ Bái Ping Ling had told them to prepare. The White Tiger Army set out on their journey late morning when the sun had fully rose and the air was slightly humid but still cool.

Sitting on top of a black stallion that had caught her eye the instant she saw it back at the stable, Hǔ Bái Ping Ling was leisurely strolling on horseback through the woods of the valley.

The direction they were heading, was the complete opposite as to where she had come from when she first travelled to the army. She was rather surprised that this valley had so many places for ambushes, a place for great training. It clearly showed that the Emperor of Shé appreciate the White Tiger Army. This valley was probably one of the best lands that the Shé country owned.

"Commander Hop, you little brat, why did you want us to bring so little?!" Commander Sun who had changed into a black robe had been quite throughout the whole journey so far cannot keep quite anymore. Ah, he couldn't understand. Although he knew that Little Bunny was planning for them to surrender, he didn't think that Little Bunny would plan something so simple.

The soldiers are without weapons and armour. Only a bow each and a carriage full of arrows. How was this going to surrender in glory, this defeat would completely be a shameful defeat!

The soldiers too were confused and anxious. Commander Sun had already told them that Commander Hop was the one to plot the whole strategy. However, Commander Hop was only at a tender age that shouldn't even be joining the army! Ah, they knew that Commander Hop was powerful, but he wasn't experienced enough ah!

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling wasn't concerned in the slightest about the tension that surrounded the whole army as they rode on towards the neutral land. "That's the only thing they will need."

Commander Sun frowned at the dismissive tone of Commander Hop but didn't say anything further. He should trust this little guy, maybe he came up with a whole different plan that he could not see?

Indeed, Commander Sun was correct. Hǔ Bái Ping Ling did come up with a whole different plan that he couldn't see. A plan that was so shameless that left the whole army speechless.

By late evening they arrived in the neutral land. Since the valley was near the border it didn't take that long for all the soldier who had rode on horseback to arrive.

At this moment in time Hǔ Bái Ping Ling indicated that the White Tiger Army should release the fireworks, indicating that they had arrived.

BOOM!

A red firework went off splendidly in the dark sky.

BOOM!

Instantaneously, after the White Tiger Army had released their firework, a blue firework could also be seen in the sky.

The rules had been sent to Hǔ Bái Ping Ling within the scrolls of documents that Commander Sun had given to her hence she knew what she could and can't do.

Basically, once the two-army indicated that they had arrived at their designated points, then the referee who was together with the two Emperors and their families on top of a mountain sitting inside a massive pavilion would then send out a golden firework to indicate that the battle had now commence.

The rule of the game was that the other side was not allowing to see who the enemy was; hence they were on the opposite side of the land.

The neutral land was surrounded by the woods. Only at the very centre was an open land where battles are normally host. However, fighting inside the woods was still allowed.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling narrowed her eyes as she looked at the blue firework, her eyes gleaming with a mischief light.

"Hey, little brat, it's already night time and we didn't even bring tents, how are we going to sleep?" Commander Sun who also saw the blue fireworks go off scowled at the small figure who was horseback next to him.

Just as he finished speaking, a golden firework went off, signifying that the battle had started.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling shrugged carelessly as she looked at the golden firework. "Sleep in the trees."

Commander Sun's scowl deepened as he angrily snapped back. "My mother sleeps in a tree!"

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling hearing this frowned as she took a glance at this stupid and annoying man. "Did she find it comfortable?"

Commander Sun realising that he said "my" instead of "your" wanted to slap himself. Huffing, he refused to admit anything as he waved his hands and shouted at the soldiers to find a tree to sleep in.

Sleep like a monkey, he said.

Be like Commander Hop, he said.

These two comments had earned him a hard knocking to the head by that very Commander Hop he had been bad mouthing.