Chapter Five

It was night when Hǔ Bái Ping Ling regained her conscious, she was already back in her bed back at Hǔ manor.

She stared at the ceiling for a long time, what a strange dream that was. She was never one for vampire stories, but...this world must have something to do with it.

"D-daughter?!" The startled sound of Lady Hǔ caused Hǔ Bái Ping Ling to look to her side.

"Mother?" She was confused, why was her mother crying? All she remembered was the banquet and her poison acting up.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling frowned, there seemed to be a large chunk of memories missing.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling was startled to find her mother flinging herself onto her, stroking her head as she cried. "Daughter, mother was so worried! Daughter!" The elegant Lady Hǔ sobbed into her daughter's shoulder.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling froze, a sense of discomfort rose in her heart. Was it because of the damn dream? Gently pushing her mother away, she said "mother don't exaggerate. Daughter is fine and healthy!" Hǔ Bái Ping Ling put both her arms up, as if trying to bulge her muscles up.

Lady Hǔ seeing her daughter acting in such a way felt pain in her heart, but she couldn't help but smile at her daughter's cuteness. She reached out to stroke her hair again.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling frowned, her heart stifled every time her mother's hand land on her head, so she backed away and asked, "how was the banquet?"

Lady Hǔ hand met empty air, and she felt at lost. Was her daughter blaming her that she couldn't protect her properly? Lady Hǔ pushed her pain down and continued to smile, "nothing much happened daughter...but daughter like to tell mother what happened to daughter and who those two powerful men were?"

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling frowned, pursing her lips thinking before shaking her head, "those two men were probably my friends and I don't remember anything after I fainted."

Lady Hǔ raised her brows, surprised. "They're daughter's friend?" Hǔ Bái Ping Ling nodded. Her mother was probably thinking about her brother and The Magician. But no matter how hard she explains that those two men were actually gods, what was the chance of her mother not sending her to a doctor? "And daughter does not remember what happened?"

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling shook her head, apart from experiencing the pain she'd fainted then dreamt.

Lady Hǔ felt slightly conflicted, then thinking that her daughter was better off not knowing anything was better, she then told her that her father wanted to meet her in his study.

When Hǔ Bái Ping Ling had arrived through the doors of Marquis Hǔ's study she was attacked into a hug by her weeping father, "daughter forgive father! Father had wanted to stay by daughter's side but...but father didn't want anyone to know that father still cares about daughter!" Marquis Hǔ wept as he knelt on the floor, hugging his daughters waist.

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling frowned as she patted his head. "Father, needn't worry."

Marquis Hǔ shook his head, mentally beating himself up for not being strong enough, "father is a general, but can't stand the thought of someone vile coming after daughter!"

Lady Hǔ who also entered the room stood by the door, seeing her husband crying she felt her heartstrings being plucked. "Wǎngyè, let's take a seat and talk to daughter properly." She came over to help her husband up, before leading her daughter and husband to take a seat.

After having wiped his tears away, Marquis Hǔ cleared his throat, "daughter you know that both I and your mother love you the most in this world."

Hǔ Bái Ping Ling pouted as she nodded, not knowing where this was going.