Chapter 7

"Hey there." I hear Thomas say behind me and I smile. I was sitting on the park bench ignoring angry texts from Aimee and just admiring the view of cute dogs playing around me. "Hi." I say simply. 

He sits down next to me and smiles. "So I have great news." Thomas says looking at me with joyful eyes. I nod my head, "Okay...Are you going to tell me this great news?" I laugh as he just stares at me. "Right, hah, sorry. Well,  you and I are going to do a photoshoot with England and Americas biggest magazine company! It took me hours of negotiating but they finally agreed to let my best friend/dearest flight buddy be on the front cover with me. Isn't it great?" He asked excited and tears threatened to spill. 

"What?" I gasp standing up. He looks at me with a slight frown, his smile fading. "Y/n, you don't have to do it. I was just thinking it would be an amazing experience..."  He states, clearly upset with my reaction. I sigh and fake a smile, "I'd love to but I have to go back home and..." 

"Well, you can stay with me. I'll talk to your boss, get you a few more weeks off. Come on, it'll be amazing." He interrupts me and I smile at how cute he is when he's flustered. Damn so freaking sexy... I snap out of my thoughts when an idea hits me. "Actually, I'd love that." His eyes widen and his smile returns. He laughs for a second before hugging me, "I'm so excited for this babe." I blush as he pulls away with a sly smirk. 

"You do know you just called me babe right?" 

"Yeah I...Wait... Oh no, I said it out loud?" 

I stared at him awkwardly. 

"Damn... well I wouldn't mind call you that again. Anyways gotta run, I shall text you all the details later." He winks before leaving me all alone in the park to question what I've just done.

  I turn around and am knocked to the ground by a huge Leonberger running past me. I yelp as the rough grass and I collide and turn around to find the culprit responsible for this. The dog is running back my way but before knocking into me he stops. His fluffy head tilts slightly and it gives me a toothy smile. 

I am soon in love with this puppy as it crawls up to me and licks me. I pat it's soft brown fur and look for a collar but it doesn't have one. I frown and look around for it's possible owners. I stand up, "Come on doggy, let's go find your owner." The dog follows behind me to my surprise as I ask around for it's owner. 

"Excuse me, do you know who's dog this is?" The lady shakes her head. "Sorry, does this dog belong to you?" The old man frowns, "No." I have asked everyone in the park now and it's getting pretty late. I walk up to a girl about my age. "Hey sorry do you know who's dog this is?" I puff as the dog sits behind me. 

"OMG! YOU...YOU HAVE TAMED THE STRAY DOG! HEY EVERYBODY, SHE TAMED THE STRAY DOG!"  She calls out loudly and a few people glare but some shout, "Yay!" I frown a little, "I beg your pardon?" "Haha, it's like, sooo amazing. That dog like hates everyone here and often hides in the bushes, so many people have tried to like take it but it doesn't budge. But look at it, it follows you and acts like your dog." She explains and I frown, "I can't...I can't keep the dog." I tell the girl who sighs, "well then I guess it's going to like have to like stay here for like.... 15 years. Born here, grew up here, might even, I dare say...Di..." I cut her off with a glare that says, 'dont you dare finish that sentence'.  

"Point is, it'll be alone, unwanted and untamed." She turns to walk off and I frown, "15 years hey buddy?" I ask bending down to him. His eyes are longing and his fur is all muffled. He looks starved. I feel extremely guilty and mad that someone would abandon this lovely dog. I sigh and make a life changing decision. "Well, you can't come to my place but I know just the person." 

"Hey Aimee, yes I'm okay. I know, I know it's late. Look I'm going to send you Thomas's address and you need to take the boys there, I'll be waiting okay?" I ask through the phone and she gasps, "OMG DID YOU TWO HAVE SE..." I interrupt her embarrassed, "No! No, I'm not there yet, but I'll meet you there." I say and she sighs. "Okay. see you soon." I nod even though she can't see me, "C ya."