Chapter 12

"Thomas?" 

"Thomas?" 

"Hey beautiful." The soft British accent says from behind me and I smile. His arms wrap around my waist. "You look gorgeous." He says. I was wearing a short black dress with long sleeves and high heels, my make up done lightly. 

"So, what secret place are we going to go to?" I ask quietly. 

Thomas and I had just met but I liked him, a lot. Then we got closer and I kissed him... Now here we are, about to leave his house that I'm currently staying in, with my dog Max and all our friends running around like idiots. 

"Who said it would be a secret place? What if it's a nice restaurant?" He asks and I quickly turn around to see a slight frown on his face. 

"Thomas I don't know if you know this...But you're famous. And I am not. We can't be seen in public. It'll ruin your reputation." I say.

 I'll admit, it's my biggest fear with being friends with Thomas. He pouts slightly before pulling me closer to him, "I don't care about that Y/n. I've wanted to go on a date with you for a very long time, now I'm going to take you out, no problems with that." I smile brightly but as I look behind Tom all my happiness drains.

 "Dylan what do you think you're doing...?" I ask as I stare at Dylan who seems all dressed up, as if he's about to go out for dinner. "I'm coming with you guys." He beams and I scoff. "What?!" I gasp in shock and look at Thomas who frowns. "Dylan you're not coming on our date, you're going to stay home and behave or else I'm going to have to ask you to find somewhere else to stay." Thomas says sternly.

 I smirk at Dylan, beat that, you just got told by mama Newt! "Mama Newt?" Thomas asks with his eyebrows raised and a smirk plastered on his lips. My eyes widen as I turn a bright shade of red. "Hahah!" Dylan busts out laughing and grabs his phone. 

"Hello?" I hear Eddie's voice on the other side. 

"Y/N Just called Thomas, mama Newt!" He bursts and I can hear Eddy laugh loudly before repeating the story to the other Dylan, who acted quite seriously on this matter. "What's so funny about that?" I hear his faint voice ask and I can picture Eddy frown. "And this is why I like the other Dylan more than you." 

"Thank you!" O'Brien says before turning to me, "You're a big fan of Thomas here aren't you?" 

"I happen to be a maze runner fan and he happens to be in it, bloody shank." I mutter the last part hoping he doesn't hear.

I fold my arms and frown. "Anyways, your not coming on our date." I say, talking about the real issue. Dylan's mouth drops open. "I have to! Please! You won't even know I'm there!" He begged and I sighed, glancing at Thomas who shrugs. "He won't shut up if we don't take him. Plus, we can book him a table away from ours." I glanced at Dylan then back at Thomas. "Alright, but I get shotgun." I say before rushing off to the car. "Goodbye Max, love you!" I smile, patting my favourite dog. 

-Later on-

"Won't even notice he's here..." I say slowly to Thomas who frowns. 

"I'm sorry." 

"Won't even notice he's here." I huff and Thomas sighs. 

"Look I didn't think he'd-" 

"Won't even notice he's here..." I repeated again before glancing at him. He closes his eyes before turning to the manager. 

"I'm sorry I have no idea who he is." Thomas says referring to the familiar idiot who has, in the last 30 minutes, caused the most trouble I could even imagine. He was okay at first, signing autographs and hugging fans. Then, he broke a glass on his table we booked, just for him and Eddy, who suddenly showed up. Then O'Brien tripped and bumped into a waiter who happened to be serving a very expensive dish. Then he tried to help clean it up, which didn't help. Now, after the waiter begged him not to help he was seated and screaming out to Thomas and I. "I know those two! They're going on a date! He's my best friend!" 

"Please sir, he's disturbing our customers. I'm going to have to ask you all to leave." Thomas turned to me and I saw his expression. He was tired, stressed and it hadn't occurred to me why. He was busy with work and spent his free days running after all of us. "Let's go home." I say softly and he frowns. "No, we're on a date. I'll just-" 

I lean forward and peck his lips. "Thomas, I like you and have wanted to go on a date with you for a while. But we kind of rushed into it didn't we? You're tired and I'll always be here. Please, lets go home so you can rest and we can go on our date another day. Just us." I say and he thinks about it for a while before smiling softly. "Thank you." He says and I smile. 

We all head out after paying and saying our apologies to the manager. Once we're in the car Thomas snaps. "How many drinks did you have Dylan?" Dylan rolls his eyes. "None. I'm just clumsy and loud, don't know why people are hating." Then he turns to me as I look out the window and into the night. "I'm really sorry Y/n. I didn't mean to ruin your date..." He says sadly and I just shrug, not in the mood for talking. 

Once we arrive home I change into sweat pants and a plain white shirt. I wash my make up off and put my hair into a simple ponytail. Thomas has changed into a grey T-shirt and sweat pants and he smiles as I approach him. "Where are the boys?" I ask as we stand in the kitchen together. "Living room. Watching a movie." I glance around the dark house. Something in the yard outside catches my eye. "What's that light?" I ask as I make my way to the back door. Thomas follows me silently out into the back garden. Roses and many different flowers surround a patio that's been set up with little fairy lights. There's a table in the middle set with plates and two cups. A bottle of wine and a picnic basket. I gasp and turn back to the British blondie who just smiles adorably. "Did you...do this?" I ask waving my hands around, referring to the set up. He nods before taking a step towards me. Then another. Then another. Until both his hands are on the sides of my face and he's leaning down to kiss me. It's long and passionate. "Y/n I really like you. And I'm so sorry Dylan was being a bloody idiot but... I'll never be tired of you. You're not like the girls I've met. I've just met you, so I wanna take this slow. But I do want this." He says holding my hands in his and I smile, "this, is perfect." 

We sit down and start eating the food in the basket. "Pizza?" I laugh lightly and he blushes. "On short notice, it's the best I could do." I smile before thanking him and taking a bite. "We also have chocolate coated strawberries for after." He beams looking at me. We talk for a long time. Once we've finished the pizza he takes my hands and we head to the grass. We lay down on a blanket and stare up at the stars, continuing to talk while we eat the strawberries. 

"Tomorrow I have a photoshoot and I want you to come with me." Thomas asks and I smile. "I'd love that." I don't start my photoshoots until the day after tomorrow, so doing this with Thomas who's experienced could help me with my dreams to be a model. 

"Tonight was fun." I say as we stroll into the house, hand in hand. "I enjoyed it." He says before kissing my cheek. "See you tomorrow." "Goodnight." I say as I head to my bedroom. I walk in and find Matt there, looking at me with questioning eyes. I climb into bed and cuddle with him, not being able to wipe the smile off my face. 

Thomas is the best thing that's ever happened to me.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Updating soon. 

Hope you're enjoying the book so far. Lots of love Violett