Chapter 1

I glanced at the clock; 4:53pm. Anubis should be here any second now. I groan and paced around my room, anxious for the doorbell chime announcing his arrival.

I catch a glimpse at myself in the mirror; A messy bun and sweats. Not my best outfit. Since everyone was gone on a mission for Bast, the house was calm, as if it had finally settled down into its designated area. I sigh and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Instead of a doorbell, I hear a knock. I trip running down the stairs and end up face planting onto the carpet. My face turns beet red at my clumsiness. I hold my head and wearily open the door.

Once I do, I am pulled into a hug, then a kiss filled with passion and emotion. Anubis pulls away and glances at my head. "Sadie, what happened?"

"I um.... I tripped?" I try, gesturing towards the stairs.

He shakes his head and goes into the kitchen to get an ice pack.

"So what do you want to watch tonight?" I ask, heading into the kitchen myself.

"Anything but Finding Nemo."

I roll my eyes. "The Little Mermaid?"

He is quiet for a bit. "Its not Finding Nemo, so why the hell not?" He laughs.

*
Once we are settled down, the pizza ready and the movie playing, I snuggle up to Anubis. He kisses my forehead, down to my cheek, and then down to my mouth. A knock fills the room, and I sigh, walking to the door.

The pizza guy gives us our pizza, it being prepaid, and we chow down on it. We snuggle up, once again, and I fall asleep in his arms.

"One day, this is going to be what we do all the time," He whispers into my hair as I fall asleep.