*Chapter 12*

Hey guys! This is the final chapter of Finding Success. Im a bit nervous to post this. Or is that sadness? Huh. But, although I am saddened that it is ending, I'm quite excited because THE SEQUEL IS COMING OUT ON SEPTEMBER 18TH!!!!!

"Freak!" I squealed. A younger magician beside me gave me a rude look. Whoops. I silently apologized, realizing she thought i was talking about her.

Over the summer, I had decided that freak wasn't that bad. Carter...well.. parked.. The griffin. I adjusted my backpack, ran up almost a block and gave freak a hug. He nuzzled my head approvingly.

I turned around to carter, and he put out his hand to shake mine, knowing that I didn't like anything involving hugging him . I surprised him and I gave him a huge hug. It had been the longest time I was ever away from him.

He stumbled a little bit in shock, but gave me a hug back. I greeted everyone that I didn't greet and looked at the crowd of magicians standing there. Standing there to greet me and Anubis.

Suddenly, a ghostly red glow shone bright in the sky. "I, THE MIGHTY GOD SET, COMMAND YOU TO BOW DOWN BEFORE ME!" The cruel, loud, evil voice of Set cried out. I turned around to see where it was coming from.

Set was standing on top of a building, red dust swirling around him. I should have known he would rebel. In his face shone disbelief. Disbelief that no one was bowing down. Everyone was too busy staring in shock.

Suddenly, someone tackled me. I knocked carter down in the process of falling. It was Anubis. He sat up and helped me sit up as well. Poor Carter had passed out; he hit his head really hard.

Anubis muttered a few words and a dome closed around the three of us. It was silent, all we could hear was Anubis' heavy breathing. He must have run the whole block to where I was, having to shove his way through the now screaming people.

He did that for me? I gave him a huge hug and pecked him on the cheek. "What did you put the dome up for?!" I practically screamed. "Set. He- he- just look." He trembled, waving off to the chaos outside.

When I focused, I heard what was going on. Set was forcing the magicians to bow down. Then, once everyone bowed down, he froze them. Freezing innocent Felix. Freezing Alyssa. Freezing Shelby.

I cried out in horror and covered my mouth with my hand. Anubis put his arms around me. "Shh, Sadie. There's nothing we can do."

Set looked around gleefully until he laid eyes on the spot where our invisible dome laid. His eyes narrowed and and he started walking towards us. "Anubis." I trembled. "Sadie, I just want you to know, I love you. And I don't want you ever to forget that. And we will always find each other. I promise."

I nodded and hugged him tighter. I knew what was coming. Anubis, Carter and I would be captured. Carter started to wake up, and say upright. He was a tad dazed. Once Set was walking up the stairs to us, he finally came to his senses.

"Carter, I-" Set started muttering a spell. Carter nodded his head understandingly. He knew what was going on. "Do you have a plan?" He asked. "Um. No, I was too busy WATCHING MY FRIENDS' LIVES BE FROZEN!"

"They will still be alive I promise. Their body's have just..frozen. Now, your telling me YOU DONT HAVE A PLAN!?" He screamed. Anubis and I looked down shamefully. Then, I came up with a silent plan. I pulled my wand out of my backpack and shoved it in my back pocket. I motioned for Anubis and Carter to do the same.

The dome broke like a piece of glass. "Oh, look who's joined the party. It's the Kane's. Delightful. Now, I'm going to capture you and your uh, your god." He said with a bore. "Now for this, you must stand very still, you hear me?"

I gave him a friendly finger gesture. "Now miss Kane, didn't I say stay still?" Set asked. Anubis kissed me and whispered into my ear.

"I love you." I love you. That was all I heard before the three of us, Anubis, Carter, and I were yanked in different directions.

I was thrown over a demons shoulder and carried to a ship like thing that had appeared, kind of like the flying ship in Peter Pan. Only captain hooks ship didn't have red dust swirling around it.

"Put me down you ugly stinky thing!" I went on and on and on. Screaming, yelling, kicking, the occasional bite. I have to say though, my language got pretty colorful.

Finally, he sat me down. I realized we were on Set's ship. "Master said you were tough. Here, this will shut you up." "You asshole." I said, and I wasn't afraid to say it to his face.

His red face got even redder, if possible and he shoved a gag into my mouth. Despite the gag, I shouted pretty colorful stuff. It was muffled, but I think I made my point.

The demon tied a rope around my hands and led me to the main deck. Set was there, sitting in his throne like a king would.

"Ah, yes. Perfect! And Ms. Kane, did Doug give you a good trip?" Set smirked. I started shouting things, but they were inaudible because of the gag. Set started laughing like a maniac. "Take her to the prison. The cell with Zia, if you don't mind. I want her to get a good look at what we can do."

I was scared, and it showed. Set laughed even more at the look of fear in my eyes. But I wasn't scared of them. I was scared for Zia. She was my friend.

The demon wrestled me down the stairs and to the long hallway leading to what I guessed was the prison. At one point, there was two more hallways leading to cells on either side of the main hallway.

Then, I heard shouting. Muffled shouting. I couldn't make out who it was. The demon had stopped to talk to one of the guards to the cell. I didn't care what they were talking about, because it had nothing to do with the matter in hands.

I caught a glimpse of messy dark hair turning down another hallway. A couple of guards started shouting at one another. "No, cell 213 isn't down this hallway! It's down that one!" He pointed towards the hallway to my right. The other demon guard said something I couldn't make out. He started walking towards the hallway.

Then, I could really see the boy. Perfect figure, messy deep brown hair, black jeans, a grey shirt, converses. He was turned around, looking towards the guard. He started screaming something muffled.

In a dazed state, I couldn't put my tongue on who it was. Suddenly, the demon guarding me started tugging on a rope that I didn't realize was attached to the rope around my wrists. But I had to see who it was. I started screaming like crazy and the boy turned around.

Shock filled my eyes. I started stumbling backwards, mainly out of shock, partially out of being dragged down the hall. Anubis. It was my Anubis. My death breath. My everything, with bloody wrists from fighting the restraints and wide brown eyes. He didn't seem dazed at all. I guess because he's a god, and whatever they put on the gags didn't work on him.

He stared in shock too and we were dragged separate ways. I came to my senses a little too late. When I could barely see his mop of dark hair, I started screaming very loudly and kicking. I was thrown into a cell and the gag was removed.

"What are you doing with him?!" I demanded. "Lots of things. Things you wouldn't approve of." I growled and reached in my pocket for my wand. "Looking for this?" He asked, waving my wand through the now closed gate. I stared in disbelief. He laughed and said "I'll give it to you. Just let me perfect it." He broke it in half and threw it into the cell. It landed with a clatter in front of my feet. He walked away laughing. I stared in disbelief.

Zia laid motionless beside me. She was very bloody. The guard outside had surprisingly slept through his maniacal laughter. I was stuck with a broken wand and a half dead most likely future in-law. This was going to be a long trip to gods knows where. And I was sure I wasn't going to like the destination one bit.

A female robotic voice came over the speakers that I didn't realize were on the walls. "Destination: The deepest part of the duat: Sets new lair. Time till arrival: 3 days, 26 minutes, and 18.3 seconds. Fun Fact about the particular location: The worst monsters and demons live there. Enjoy your stay on the 'Set'!" Great. Just Dandy.

TO BE CONTINUED