Chapter 2

"Sadie," Anubis mumbles softly, shaking my arm.

I groan and open my eyes, squinting at the sudden change from dark to light. "What?" I demand.

"Let's go to the park."

I absentmindedly nod. "In a few minutes."

"No. Now."

He carries me to my room and plops me on my bed. "Get dressed."

"Demanding much?" I groan, still half asleep as he leaves my room, shutting the door behind him.

I change into a simple tank top and shorts, noting that it would be hot today. I lazily run a brush through my hair, frowning as I notice the red in my hair is fading.

I shake my head and look under the cabinet for my red dye. I wet the strand of hair and follow the instructions on the box.

I back away from my mirror and smile proudly, my hair being back to normal. Now all I have to do is wait for it to dry.

"Sadie, whats taking so long?" I hear Anubis question. I freeze.

Crap.

I steal a quick glance at the clock and notice I've been "getting ready" for 30 minutes now. "Um, you know, I think I'm kind of hungry, are you? I think that pizza wasn't much of a filler." I pause, waiting for his response on me changing the subject.

I can almost hear his eyes roll. "Sadie, stop changing the subject. Just hurry up and be down here in ten minutes."

I shake my head and finally decide to dry my hair with a blow dryer. In 5 minutes, I'm done.

When we get to the park, Anubis's eyes light up when he sees the swing set. "Sadie Sadie Sadie can we go over there please please please?"

I laugh as he grasps my wrist, dragging me to the swing set. He scrambles onto a swing and I get on one of my own.

"I bet I can swing higher than you," I smirk.

"Nah." He grins.

I swing higher, and higher until I'm almost somewhat near where he is.

"Fine, I lost. But I bet I have the courage to actually jump off the swings, unlike you."

"I'd like to see you try."

I grin and conquer up the courage to jump. Just as I reach the highest point, I close my eyes and let my hands slip from the chains supporting the swing. I feel myself free falling and unexpectedly fall on a boy with blond curly hair and blue eyes, shimmering with mischievousness.

"What the hell?" I hear him mumble.

"Oh my gods, I am so sorry!" I exclaim, helping him to his feet.

"No worries. I'm fine." He mumbles. The whole time, Anubis is laughing his head off.

The blue eyed boy freezes and looks up at me.

"Wait, did you say 'gods'?"