Chapter 5

And the dedi goes to..... KsushkiesCumberpatch YAY go follow and spam her because I wouldn't be where I am if it wasn't for her encouraging words :)

Chocolate cats and Bacon,

AmbrosiaXoxo

Anubis looks at Nico, his face covered in shock. Then, he does something unexpected. He pulls Nico into a hug.

"You never told me..." Anubis begins.

"I could say the same for yourself," Nico smirks.

"I'm sorry to break this oh so happy reunion, but how exactly do you know Nico?" I question Anubis.

"Nico? We met along the road when you were still fighting Apophis. I knew he was something stronger than a mortal, so I figured he was a magician and let it go. We got really close," He states.

"Oh." Oh. That's all I can say. Anubis walks back over to me and rests his chin on my head.

"Right. So I can safely assume you'll find your way around carefully? And you'll be staying in my cabin. I'm sorry there's only two beds, it was just Bianca and I but then-"

"It's perfectly fine, Nico. We can share a bed. Anubis always ends up having nightmares and sleeps in my bed with me, anyways." I tease. That's not true at all. I'm the one who has nightmares.

He nods, mentioning something about a drawer and that he won't be back until late tonight.

Anubis and I unpack as soon as we enter the cabin. I put my clothes in the drawers Nico said I could use and put Anubis's in too, knowing he would end up forgetting just like he always does. I yawn and sit beside Anubis on the bed.

"Tired, Princess?" He mutters.

"Yes," I reply, snuggling into Anubis's arms. "I love you," He whispers. I nod in a response and mumble a "you too," before my eyes flutter shut, pulling me into a deep sleep.