The Beginning.

Emma, 12 nearly 13. Harry 13.

Emma had no idea where she was going, or what she was doing. She had got to school on time, but for some reason she was the last one in class. She was supposed to have a 'chaperone' to help her on her first ever day in her new school but she seemed to have disappeared.

Too immersed in her school floor map she didn't see the figure walking towards her, both of them bumping into one another, crumpling her map entirely.

"Watch where you're going," He hisses. Looking up at her. "New girl," He acknowledges.

"Well, you weren't looking where you were going either if you bumped into me too." She snapped back.

Turning his head, he didn't expect to be spoken back to like that.

"Lost?" He asks.

"No, I just enjoy turning up late to classes on my first day and looking at maps." She rolled her eyes.

Smirking, he took her map from her. "Where should you be?"

"I have English,"

"Right, with..?"

"Miss Lattice?"

He nods. "You're in my class, follow me."

She takes back her map and does as he says. "So how come you're late?" She asks walking down the corridor.

"I turn up when I want,"

"I see, you're the badass of the school?"

He laughs. "What gave me away?"

"Emma," She introduces. "Seeing as you're helping me, I may as well introduce myself."

"Harry," He nods. "This is our english room." He nods. "You can go in first." He orders.

Harry seemed to take Emma under his wing from that day. He tried to play it cool, but he did in fact like her. He thought she was beautiful, funny and seriously intelligent.

His friends welcomed her smoothly, and most girls in their year were envious of her and by the end of the year Emma became her own person, she had her own style, her own friends including Harry and even a little crush on Jake, she didn't think she stood a chance so when he asked her out at the beginning of summer she was over the moon - Harry not so much.

He had planned to ask her out himself, he was doubtful she'd ever say yes and the fact she said yes to Jake proved him right, instead he accepted the boy best friend role.

By accepting this, it meant he had to listen to every story Emma had about Jake. Every experience, every kiss, every hand hold.

But when he broke her heart that Christmas, Harry was the first one there for her, he got her through the short six month relationship break up, and helped her nurse her heart back together with icecream and cheesey films until she realised she didn't even love Jake. He wasn't worth it.