2

Emma had tried her best to forget about the fact she saw Harry, but every so often the thought would come back to her. She wondered what he was up to now, if he was living in London permanently, if he was with anyone.

She had avoided him throughout their time apart. She knew One Direction were huge, they were everywhere. It was difficult to avoid them. Especially when they'd appear on French tv and she'd be a hairstylist on the same show. She'd always missed them because she was always in the background, it was easy to go unnoticed.

From news filtering in, she knew he had gone solo and that he had been in a film but apart from that she kept all things relating to Harry away from sight. It was easier that way. She just hoped he was happy.

Harry couldn't believe he saw her

Harry couldn't believe he saw her. He couldn't really believe it was her. The second their eyes met the guilt flooded back. The memories surrounded him. It was Emma, his Emma. What was she doing there? And why was she in London? Does she not live in France anymore? What was she doing with her life now?

He had thought about her, especially on tour. The longer he left it, he knew it would be more painful to see her again, somehow it turned five years with no communication and he didn't know how to reach her. Her email and number had changed. His mum hadn't heard from her and Gemma always stayed quiet about her.

"Hi," Harry spoke on the phone to his agent. "This is a bit of a weird one. I want to find someone, a woman I once knew."

"Right.."

"But I don't know how to get in touch."

"Okay, so what's her name? We'll start there."

"Emma. Emma Lambley."

"Oh, the hair stylist?"

Harry frowned. "What?"

"The celeb hair stylist, Emma Lambley."

Could it be..? "I'm.. I'm not sure. The Emma I knew was a hairdresser but, I'm not sure. I don't really know what she does now," He spoke quietly.

"Well, there's a hair stylist called Emma Lambley in London, she's very highly requested. She's worked with a lot of people."

"Request her," I spoke without thinking. "I have a tv appearance this friday, right? Request her to do my hair please." There was a chance it could be her, but also a high chance that it couldn't.

"Oh, not Lou?"

"I'll speak with Lou, she'll understand. Request Emma Lambley. Please,"

"Sure, no problem. I'll get on it."

"Thanks,"

"Oh my god," Emma gasps opening the email.

"What?" Daniella chewed her cookie across from her at her desk.

"I've been requested this friday,"

"Right-"

"By Harry Styles,"

Daniella stopped was she was doing. She knew what Harry meant to Emma. "What?" She stood and looked at Emma's screen. "No way,"

"I have no idea what to say,"

"You obviously say yes." Daniella's eyes widened.

"But.. how?"

"Babe, I know there's a lot of history. But think about it on the financial aspect. Doing his hair would easily sort out your mortgage payments and Alex's nanny fees."

She had a point.

"I know but.. it's him. I'm going to have to see him, touch.. him."

"Yes but not for long. And he's so big he probably will be on the phone the whole time or whatever, remember Bella Hadid? She barely spoke to us when we did her hair."

"True,"

"Just do it Emma, even if he does speak, doesn't mean you have to say much."

Emma thought it over all day, she wondered if Harry knew about this. She wondered if he had requested her, or if it was just done through his agent.

When she got home that evening, Alex smiled up at her brightly before jumping into her arms.

"How was today?" She asks Chloe.

"He's been great, we went to the park and fed the ducks. He had a nap too after lunch. He's just finished his dinner, he ate all of his pasta."

"Good boy." I smile at him before kissing his cheek. "I missed you,"

Chloe smiles at us.

"Thank you Chloe."

"It's no problem," She gathered her things ready to go.

"Could I ask you a question, just a random one?"

Chloe nods. "Sure."

"If.. if someone, a friend you had. A really close friend, stopped speaking to you for many years, then all of a sudden wanted to get in touch.. would you?"

Chloe thought for a moment. "It depends what we stopped speaking about. If it was just a natural drifting thing then yeah, I'd like to see them just to catch up and talk about what happened. If I didn't, I'd kick myself forever if I didn't know the reason. Life is too short to stay mad at people."

Emma smiled. "You're right. Thanks."

"See you tomorrow."

Emma nods moving Alex up her hip. "See you tomorrow."