Epilogue

- A Year Later -

- A Year Later -

Emma.

Shortly after we came back from tour, Harry and I got on the house search. We were shown houses in Kensington, and I know Harry would have loved to have stayed near Primrose Hill, but I fell in love with a house in Richmond.

It was a little bit out of the way and I think Harry felt like we'd be moving a million miles away at first, but after two more visits he was on board. It was a family home and I think Harry was still a little stuck in bachelor pad mode.

Today, it was our house-warming party. It had taken us the whole year due to Harry recording his second album, going on a promotional tour for it and having the house renovated before we could move in - I had the kitchen done to how I wanted it, there were a couple things I didn't like in the old one, Alex's room was toddler-proofed to make it safe and the main bathroom was re-done.

Harry also had a man-cave built downstairs where he kept all of his One Direction and solo awards, records and recording kit. We also had some wiring re-done, electronic gates and cameras put in too.

"You okay baby?" Harry smiles kissing me as he enters our kitchen. Alex was playing happily in the garden with my mum who was already here.

"I'm fine, just checking everything is okay."

Harry takes a sausage roll from a tray and I tap his arm. "That's for the party mr." I scold.

He gives me a cheeky wink.

"It looks okay? People are going to start turning up in any moment."

Placing his hands around my waist he draws me in. "Stop stressing, my mum is bringing more food,there's already plenty." He kisses me. "How are you feeling?"

I place my hands over his on my tummy. I'm five months pregnant so as you can imagine moving house, caring for Alex, Harry being away writing and then touring with him whilst promoting has all been a lot for me.

"I'm feeling a lot better than I thought, I'm just glad the house is done and the move went smoothly."

We felt her kick, Harry smiling as she kicks again. "Yes, I'm here." Harry soothes. The baby had been kicking quite a bit the past couple of weeks, it was endearing and exciting - but not at 2am like the past few nights.

When everyone started to arrive I busy myself in the kitchen making sure everyone has what they need, Alex sticks to me like glue not one to like lots of people and attention.

"Up," Alex demands.

"I can't baby, mummies tummy is too big now,"

Alex pouts. "Mummy, please pick me up,"

"Come here you," Gemma picks him up and spins him making him giggle. "How are you little one?" She asks.

Alex hides in her neck. "I'm okay," He answers shyly.

"And how are you beautiful lady?" Gemma smiles taking in my ever growing bump.

"I'm okay, just a bit tired now."

"I'm not surprised, has the morning sickness stopped?"

I nod. "I didn't have it for long with him, but this one." I point to my tummy. "She's made me sick as a dog."

I had enjoyed being pregnant with Alex, but baby number two had put me through my paces.

"There she is," Anne grins. "You are radiant."

I sigh. "I don't feel it,"

I had been up until midnight preparing for the house-warming, then I read some baby books until around two. Harry went for a run at seven and although he didn't try to wake me, he still did.

"Well, you are. Have you eaten yet?"

I shake my head. "I just wanted everyone else to enjoy and eat."

Anne rolls her eyes grabbing a plate. "Sit down and I'll grab you something,"

Gemma laughs at her mum's assertiveness and I do as she says. Gemma takes Alex outside for some space from everyone else, offering to play football with him, I watch Michal join them too. I can't wait for them to have children some day - they'd make great parents.

"My baby," Mum smiles kissing my cheek before sitting beside me. "You've done a great job."

I shrug. "I haven't really done much,"

"Not the party, the house." She nudges me. "You and Harry have a beautiful home, I'm so proud." We're both quiet for a moment. "He'd be so proud."

I swallow knowing she was talking about dad. I was still dealing with his business in Manchester, still having weekly skype meetings and driving up every month to keep everything in order. The business was doing well and making more money than when I first took over and I for one was proud that I could take over and do that, who knew I could be a business woman?

"Thank you,"

"You haven't slept much?"

"You can tell?"

Mum holds my face, wiping under my eyes. "You're pale and have dark circles."

I look away and see Anne heading back over.

"She said she hadn't eaten yet," Anne informs mum.

I take the plate and say thank you, Harry joins us wrapping his arm around his mum's shoulder.

"You need to make sure she sleeps properly," Mum nudges Harry. "The next few months are going to be hard, she needs to rest as much as possible."

Harry sighs. "You tell her that," He laughs. "Getting Emma to sit and rest is like teaching a child to resist chocolate. Impossible."

My mum and Anne laugh as I shrug.

"I'm a busy lady, what can I say?"

"Well, when baby two is here you'll have no time to be busy with anyone but her. So start resting now." Anne scolds.

My mum and Anne eventually stop their lecturing and mingle with the rest of the friends and family here, leaving Harry and I alone to talk in the kitchen.

"Are you happy?" Harry asks as I eat another mozzarella stick.

"Happier than ever before."

"Good," He kisses my lips. "I can't imagine having all this, or doing all this without you."

"Good job you'll never have to." I smile kissing him again.