7

~ Flashback

"Stay still," Emma rolled her eyes

"I am still!"

She huffs. "You're not,"

"I am, I'm really still."

Emma tried her best to focus on his hair, using all the training she had learnt so far. 

"You're not cutting too much are you?"

"No, trust me. I know if I mess up I'll have your fans after my head."

He laughs. "Don't be dramatic, if anything, Lou can undo any mess you make."

"Thanks for the faith," She rolls her eyes.

He smiles. "You know I trust you."

Smiling contently, she was able to cut the shape she was hoping for without taking too much off.

"So you want to do men's hair?"

Shrugging, Emma washed her tools. "Who knows what I want, I just want to do people's hair."

"Well," Harry looked in the mirror, shaking out his now a little shorter curls. "You've got the magic touch."

"So what are you going to say?" Daniella's eyes had remained wide throughout Emma's story.

"I have no idea."

"But.. think of the opportunity. An entire tour, you'll go all over with him. And better yet you'll be able to make up for all those years."

"Yes but I've also got Alex to think about-"

"Which he's already thought about, Lou did it with Lux - even when Lux started school."

Emma looked away. "Wouldn't it be a bit stupid of me?"

"No, why?" Daniella frowned.

She sighed. "What if I'm just.. being naive. Expecting things to be like they were when really.. they won't be, we're different people now,"

"Then, if you feel that way do as I said before. Treat it as just strictly professional."

Emma shook her head. "I can't,"

Daniella sighed at her best friend. "It also means I won't be able to assist you, won't it?"

Emma didn't meet her eyes as she nodded. "He's going to have Lou as well, I think,"

"It's okay, I can get by with my own solo jobs. I don't want you to think of me when deciding."

Emma pouted.

"Seriously Emma. I'll be fine." She smiled.

She couldn't help but feel Daniella was only putting on a front so her friend would put herself first.

When Harry called her that night, she had just finished putting Alex to bed and was exhausted not physically but emotionally

When Harry called her that night, she had just finished putting Alex to bed and was exhausted not physically but emotionally. All day thoughts had run round her head.

"Any closer to a decision? I don't want to be pushy, just want to know where your head is."

Emma sighed as she sat at her kitchen table which also was her work desk. She wanted to work her thoughts away.

"I can't do it Harry,"

There was silence on both ends for a moment.

"Why..?"

"It's.."

"If it's money I've got meetings coming up, we'll have meetings too. If it's Alex we can arrange everything especially."

"It's not those its just.. It's you and me."

Harry on the other end of the phone swallowed. He knew what she meant but he wanted her there on that tour if it was the last thing he did.

"What about you and me?"

"Is it really all that naive to just think we can pick up where we left it at eighteen?"

"I don't think it's naive, I just think it's.. optimistic. Who says we have to pick anything up? Why not just start afresh?"

"That's the thing," She sighed. "I can't just start afresh with you, H."