Chapter 3: He's, what?

"Love is a friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." — Ann Landers

After they were all reseated and about to eat with Scott glaring at Stiles making everyone uncomfortable Spencer and Melissa were talking quietly about how they had been and the Pack took in the awkwardness of the situation. Lydia being the brave asked, "So, Stiles what are you and your friend doing back?"

Stiles smiled at her uneasily and said, "We're here for work."

Seeing the opening to get more information about the potentially single hot guy that Stiles came with Lydia asked, "So, what's that sweetheart's name?

Stiles eyed her causally and said, "Spencer." Upon hearing his name Spencer looked over at Stiles smiling a soft smile before going back to his own conversation.

Lydia giggled and asked, "Is he single?"

At this Stiles laughed. It was a full booming laugh one that very few people ever hear. None of the Pack has actually ever heard it.

Looking over at him Spencer asked, "What's so funny?"

Stiles still laughing said, "She asked if you were single."

Now, Spencer smiled a tight-lipped smile feeling uncomfortable about the whole situation and within moments Melissa and the Sheriff were laughing at the face he made.

Lydia now slightly offended asked, "Well, what's so funny?"

Spencer answering her said, "I'm married actually."

Blushing Lydia could only answer with "Oh."

Changing the conversation completely Derek asked, "What type of work do you do? Why would it bring you to Beacon Hills?"

Stiles smiling slightly over at the man, "I work for the FBI's Behavior Analysis Unit."

Kira coughed and answered, "That's fun."

To say the Pack was surprised would be an understatement.

Stiles continuing to smile continued on, "I personally love my job. It's hard and sometimes things don't go as planned, but at the end of the day if I can help one person that's all that matters. And I believe Spencer would agree."

Derek feeling interested and honestly curious asked, "What do you actually do?"

"We look over evidence, victims, and crime scenes. Using what we have learned from those things we make a profile. Using this profile we help the police to locate a potential suspect and solve the crimes or crime. I work more on the behavior analysis while Spencer is out the expert on geographical profiling although he's good at most other things too. After we create our profile and find an unsub that fits the crime we bring them in. We have dealt with serial killers, people with delusions, and just about anything else you can think of."

Derek looked slightly shocked (shook) along with the rest of the Pack.

The dinner continues in silence for awhile before Score looked up with a dark look in his eyes still obviously angry. He smirks and asked, "So why is he here?"

The Sheriff looked up and said, "Scott that's enough he's just as much family as you are!"

Melissa looked clearly miserable and Stiles smiles sadly and said, "I'm so sorry that dinner is going this way, Melissa. I wanted this to be nice after all I always make you guys come visit me."