Chapter 18: Never Ending Soulmates

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
- Albert Einstein

Stiles stood in the front of the police department on the sidewalk completely lost in thought. His mind went from one topic to the next in away that made sense to only him and perhaps Spencer. The memories of this town could be found playing behind his eyelids and he could feel the gentlest breeze could be felt against his cheek.

Spencer came up and gently put his hand on his husbands shoulder making Stiles turn to hug the long haired boy. "Your going to miss this silly werewolf filled town aren't you?" Spencer asked kindly.

Stiles nodded his head against  Spencer's chest.

Spencer ran his hand gently over Stiles hair and brought his arms around him holding him ever so gently. He spoke softly a kind understanding echoed in his voice, "I promise we will come back and visit soon. After all your going to make up with Scott and want to visit your dad now that your not banding yourself from this town."

Stiles smiled in thankfulness and spoke, "Thank you for always understanding me even when I don't. Thank you for always standing by my side. I'm so glad I had a chance to marry you and I hope you know that I will always stand by you no matter what because Spencer I love you."

Spencer headbutted Stiles gently cupping his face gently, "I know Stiles. I love you too."

~~~

The pack sat across the room  from the team. Stiles was smiling gently and walked over to him his steps as light as air. He held out his arms and each member of the pack came and hugged him one by one. Kira was first and looked to be about in tears, "We will miss you Stiles. Your family and got yourself an amazing guy."

Lydia was next still just as much a powerful force as she was in high school, "You ever need anything you let me know or if you ever decide to overthrow the government or something."

Derek Hale came up and hug him then spoke quietly in his ear, "Live long, live well, and be happy. Never let anyone hold you back. Never let the memories of the past hold you back for this is something I have had to learn over the years I let my past define me. Don't let it define you." The older man pulled away smiling ever so slightly before going back to static state leaning against the wall.

Stiles went to each one by one and each wished him the best. He felt deeply happy and content when he came to Scott. He hugged him like they were best friends again and like nothing in the world to change, but sadly they both knew that something had changed between them.

After saying goodbye to the pack he turned to his father and stepmother talking to them softly and in a tone that could only mean goodbye. He hugged them both and felt the embers of his heart burn brightly.

This town used to haunt him and a few of the memories might always at least slightly, but he was strong enough to overcome his past. Mending the broken bonds with the pack would take years, but they were all willing to work towards this.

He had an amazing life with amazing people that were as much friends as they were his family. That was enough. Stiles was happy and that was what truly mattered.

A little while latter the team was about to get on the plane and head home but Stiles seemed to be lagging behind. So Spencer turn to his husband asking "Are you coming? Ready for another adventure?"

All Stiles could do was nod his head. Life doesn't always go as expected but this was the life he chose and one he was damn proud of.
~~~
1.5 years later or so
Stiles and Spencer became the god parents to Derek's son. It was a sad time losing Derek from the team but one that they all learned from. Plus Stiles and Spencer were just happy to be godparents and would always support their friend.

3 years later
Stiles and Spencer went back to visit the pack and watch Scott and Kira get married. It was a beautiful celebration with every member of the pack present. Stiles and Scott finally mend their relationship completely. To be the topping on the cake Stiles was Scott's best man. He also took Scott out to their drinking place and got him drunk.

5 years later
Spencer and Stiles became god godfathers another time to Scott's first son and daughter. Kira had twins, of course, the girl was named Rain and the little boy was named Charles. They were delightful and don't tell anybody but Stiles might have cried a little at the birth. If anyone asks it was something in his eye.

50 odd years later

Stiles and Spencer had a life full of many great adventures each would always be a lasting memory. They retired now a few years before and on this very night they were laying in bed one last time.

Stiles smiled his signature smile now aged but still whole over at Spencer when Spencer asked like he had so many times before, "Tell me a story?"

Stiles aged voice begin, "Once upon a time there was two men, princes actually, although they both had faced many hardships they found each other. They danced through life fighting off all evil and even if they didn't always see eye to eye they made it work. They fought many battles...." Stiles voice continued on but Spencer was already asleep to continue on in another life with the voice of his soulmate in his ears. As Stiles voice faded so did his life force, but do not fear dear reader the princes would meet again in the next life because true soul mates always find each other.