Chapter 15: Zombies?

"Suffering is due to our disconnection with the inner soul. Meditation is establishing that connection" – Amit Ray

The man that walked into the hospital made all the members of the staff that had once know the man held their breath. This was not the Stile Stiniski that once had a panic attack that had him bedridden for two days. He was a strong married FBI agent now.

A nurse now in her late 50's led him to his fathers room with a soft smile. Her name was Nancy and sh had tried to set him up with her daughter when he was only a teen. It's funny how things change. Life always came back full cycle.

Stiles took a deep breath as he entered his fathers room. The vases of flowers that covered the room showed that he was a well loved and remarkable man. The honey eyed boy took his fathers soft hand and held it lightly. This man he couldn't lose. They were the Stiniski men. Both brave and self-sacrificing, sometimes to a fault, most of all this was the man that held him together. He was the one that taught him to be the man he is today.

The older of the two opened his eyes ever so slowly and cracked out in a tone that creaked that he need a drink, "My son?"

Stiles handed the man a bottle of water and the older of the two took it with a groan, but was clearly happy to take it. Stiles smiled at his father sadly, "I know what has to be done."

The sheriff nodded, "I know you do."

Stiles blinked in surprise, "How?"

The old man smiled, "Because you wouldn't be here if you didn't and your here to stay goodbye."

Stiles nodded, "I guess so."

Noah nodded back,"Just promise me one thing will you? Come back alive."

Stiles squeezed his father's hand one more time,. The was as close to a promise the older man was going to get.

Stiles pecked his fathers forehead and pushed some energy, his power, into him, "Heal quickly."

Then he walked away and Stiles didn't look back after all he rarely did anymore. He moved to the future, but didn't run from his past.

~~~

He was back in the woods once more, but this time he wasn't alone by his side was Spencer and Derek. The rest of the team not far behind, of course. It was decided that Hotch would stay behind at the station, but all the others would be in the woods.

Stiles felt a soft but course hand enter his own, a hand he knew well, it was the hand of his dearest husband. he pack came running in from the side, almost like wild animals. Everyone in the clearing seemed to be holding something back. Stiles spoke first, "I know what this is."

The pack seem to shift slightly and tense, Scott called out to them, "What is it then?"

Stiles looked at Spencer and gentle rubbed his hand, It's the spirit of Gerard. The the hunters were just that average old animal killers until the day of Gerard's death. Their family reported that the first brother, Matt, was acting strange and becoming more aggressive. After a few months later on the date of Kate's death the other brother, Ricky, was acting strange now this only just started happening. My guess is Kate's spirit hadn't been settled yet and that's why they slipped up."

The team didn't look surprised they had after all already knew and had talked everything out with Stiles. The pack look at the man in shock. It was Lydia that asked, "How did you figure all of this out?"

Stiles seemed to smirk and shrug lazily, "Years of practice."

Spencer smiled at his husband. This was a plot twist in deed, but not one that our heroes couldn't be handled.

Scott found himself asking, "What now?"

Stiles smiled in a taunting way, "Well, there's only a few place in this god awful town that would be good for an angry spirit like his. He would be hiding in a place that's dark and somewhere he has been before."

Spencer rambled out, "Evil or twisted spirits can travel freely, but link to a place that they had been in there life and claim this to be their "home base". Unsurprisingly he would go to somewhere he had been before. He might not yet know that Kate is truly dead now or if he does he probably wouldn't care because by his past he clearly reads as a sociopaths. "

The team continued to throw in bits  of information until Derek Hale held up his hand. The man paused and said, "I think I know the place."

~~~

They planned to ambush him sundown when his spirit would be the weakest.  Stiles was lost in his head until Spencer turned to him a silent understanding grow in his  eyes, "It's a good plan."

Stiles cringed at himself in his own mind, "Yeah, but what if it's not good enough?"

Spencer smiled at the other man, "If your powers come from belief then you should believe it will work. The team and I all believe in you. Now, you, my dearly beloved, need to as well."

Stiles smiled softly at him, "Okay."

It was the next morning when they wake up. Last nights talk with Spencer really kicked Stiles into gear. The team had all talked and now it was done. The cars for once wee felt idle chatter because the BAU was a family and it was Stiles that made this plan so they would trust it would work.

It wasn't until they got to the old underground base that Derek (Hale) was once held captivate and it was only then did the chatter died down into a seldom silence.

The place stank of death and sorrow. The team was getting their vests and guns ready when the pack showed. It was a strange thing seeing Stile's past and present to meet in a single fight on the same side. This after all was life and it truly was inexpiable.

~~~

Stiles lead the attack this time and was shocked by what he saw when he got inside. Bodies of long departed people littered the ground and of course they were the one thing that everyone truly hates, zombies. Yup, you heard it.

The pack went after them and the team made it's way into the holding room. deep inside Stiles knew  that were that vile man would be. It was Stiles that crossed the thrust hold of the door first and in time the door slammed shut before another could get in.

The old man or young man as he appeared came forward from the shadows in a way only creep villains did a twisted crazed smile upon his face.

Memories of pain flowed into Stiles mind of times when he was a teen, the the first time he was shot, memories of his mother in her final days, and many other painful memories. They began to cloud his head in a way only pain could.

He could feel himself being pulling into insanity when a voice called from outside the room, "Your strong enough Stiles!' and another calling out, "Kick his ass, man!"

Stiles felt himself straiten his spine and began to pull himself from the edge of memories . It was then that memories of happiness filled his mind like his wedding, of his husband and friends, and lastly his mother and father.

A scream build inside his chest and energy pored from him, "Enough!"

Green energy pulsed and filled the room and he looked up at the ghost of a foe long ago fought. His eyes glowed with the pure power of his will and spark, but with the rage of a man that would do anything to protect his family. Then the energy surged.