Chapter 13: Oh, Christmas Tree

"The basic root of happiness lies in our minds; outer circumstances are nothing more than adverse or favorable." ―Matthieu Ricard
Stiles stopped the car and then turned to Derek smiling, "This guy is going to give us answers, but they are going to be off center in not direct. He probably not going to be very helpful either. To be honest he can be kinda a dick sometimes too."

Derek smile back at Stiles, "Am I going to have to beat it out of him?"

Stiles laughed slightly but it came out as more of a sigh, "I don't think so."

Derek made a slight pouty face then push open the door. He and Stiles stepped out of the car in time. And this may or may not have been something that they may or may not have practice for hours on end to at least someday to freak people out. Now it was just came naturally.

Stiles pulled open the door to the vet office. From the back to the building then a voice call, "Yes?"

A smirk made its way on the Stiles lips and he felt himself go back in time. This mere vet office had held a lot memories for him. He died here if only for a very brief time after all. The man in the next room had told him about him being a spark. Being a spark still made him human just he heals a little bit faster and if he believes things hard enough they sometimes will come true. The fox was also part of him although he wasn't a shifter his senses became ever so slightly better and also his reflexes were the best they ever could possibly could be. Stiles even believe that if he had been an animal he would've been a fox. He was after all very clever and resourceful.

Stiles stepped forward and called out, "I think we need your help."

Deacon peaked out the door and raised an eyebrow, "Stiles," he paused collecting his thoughts, "I didn't expect you here."

Stiles smiled slightly, "Tell me about the hunters that came to you."

The man now had gray hair gathered around his temples and wrinkle clouded his face, but intellect shone through his eyes. He paused for a moment, "They wanted something I didn't have. They didn't ask they demanded. Of course their was only the two of them."

Derek move forward, "What didn't you have?"

Stiles answered for the man, "They wanted the list of supernatural of Beacon Hills."

Deacon paused and pressed his lips together before continuing, "They were not very understandable or knowledgeable. They wanted sliver and I am not involved in the pack business anymore. All they kept asking about were the packs and omegas from around here here."

Stiles nodded, "Did you give them any information?"

The man pulled his hands down on the counter before saying in that oh so wise and slightly annoying voice of his, "There are answers I'm everything if you know how to look."
Derek slammed his hand down on the counter, "There are people who are dying and you can't even give us a damn answer. We need to know this guys victim pool. I will take you in for withholding information if you're not careful."

Deacon looked at the man carefully, "I wouldn't threaten me agent. I'm not someone you can push around."

Derek got pissed to put it simply. A vein was at attention in his neck and a dark look past over his face.

Stiles took a deep breath and said, "Please just give us what you know. We need to solve this case before anyone more dies."

Deacon looked at the man in front of him. He saw just how far Stiles had come. Stiles wasn't a boy anymore he was a grown adult. To put it simply he had seen some shit. He was an FYI agent who had a doctorate in psychology and sociology. That wasn't easy plus he was bisexual even though it was legal people are still dicks when they see two men together. Stiles didn't know his own power as Deacon had hoped he would. Maybe just maybe he would have to help with that. Finally the man came to a decision, "I will tell you what I know, but you have to do something for me."
~~~
Derek dropped Stiles off at the edge of the woods laughing his ass off at what Stiles had to do. At this point it probably 12 at night that and of course Stiles was in the middle of the woods looking for a big ass tree stump.

If you have asked Stiles in that moment if he hated his life he would most likely answer, yes, but no one was asking because he was alone in the woods.

He swore that he was walking in circles and he was slightly no he was highly bored. So he did what any sane or at least slightly sane person would do. He stared to sing, "Oh, Christmas tree! Oh, Christmas tree! How I wonder where the hell this tree is!"

Okay so maybe he wasn't likely the most sane person but that's not the point. At this point let's face it he was cold, tired, and out in the middle of nowhere in the very town that was the vain of his existence. Of course he could only blame the world in this horrific joke that was his life at the moment.

After singing loudly and cursing loudly into the trees Stiles was about to give up turn around start a long walk back to the town, hoping he could find his way home, when he tripped. Yep, he tripped and fell right on to the center of the big ass tree he was looking for.

He put his palm down on the tree center to pick himself when it began to pulse with energy glow brightly.

Stiles felt the pulse through him and without his knowledge he mumbled, "Oh, Christmas tree."