Get out

Darkness.

Ever since I came to this hospital, I never thought it was a bad thing. To be honest, at the moment, it was the most peaceful place I could ever be.

One of the only advantages of the drugs they injected us was that we could sleep without having any dreams. In my case, a sleep without nightmares. Unfortunately, they had more inconveniences than advantages. First of all, the way they injected the drugs in our system was painful. I hated needles so much. Even after being forced to be drugged for years, I was still not used to it. Not only that, but there was also the fact that I couldn't always remember what happened before I was drugged when I would wake up. It had the same effects on a few of us here.

So when I opened my eyes, I asked the nurse who was checking on me, what happened.

"You were seeing things again, but this time was different. You weren't afraid of it and you didn't want us to look at it. Whatever it was, you wanted it to look at you." she stated as she kept checking on me.

I nodded slowly and tried to remember what it was. Why was this time different ? Of course, they wouldn't have seen whatever I saw so she couldn't tell me what I was looking at. As I tried to move my hands, I realized that I couldn't. I looked down at them, and saw that they were still tied to the bed.

"Can you release me ?" I asked the nurse even though I already knew the answer.

She shook her head, as I expected. "You're not allowed to leave your room, you know that."

"I just don't want to feel more trapped than I already am."

"The answer's no. End of discussion." she insisted.

The nurses here weren't our friends. They didn't care much about us.

She grabbed her stuff and opened the door to leave, but then she turned around to look at me.

"Sue, will come to bring you food since you haven't eaten..." she said but my attention was on something else.

As soon as the door opened, a blond guy entered. He was looking straight at me and brought his finger to his lips to tell me to stay quiet. The nurse didn't seem to see him because if she did, she would've alerted someone.

Was I hallucinating again ? If so, this time was certainly different. He was more handsome than the creatures I've seen before. He had blond hair, and from where I was, I could see that one of his blue eyes was darker. His clothes were all black and I noticed a bit of his tattoo on his neck.

"Okay ?" the nurse asked annoyed.

I turned my eyes towards her, and quickly nodded. She left and closed the door behind her. The guy approached me, and I became agitated. He was here to hurt me. Now, I couldn't pretend not to see him. He knew I saw him.

"You have the Sight." he said.

"Am I hallucinating again ?" I asked out loud. It was more a question for me than for him.

"You're not. Who are you ?"

"If I tell you who I am, will you tell me who and what you are ?" I asked the guy.

I couldn't stay without answers. It was the first time I was talking to one of my hallucinations. The guy nodded.

"My name's Leila King. You ?" I told him.

"Jace Wayland. I'm a Shadowhunter." he finally revealed his identity.

I frowned. That wasn't something I've heard before. "A sha-what ?"