Listen to your heart ( 1x08 ) part 2

Before making a decision about Simon's fate, Clary wanted to let his mother know about the situation. Although he activated his invisibility rune, Jace decided to stay with her through this hard and painful moment, even though he didn't approve her decision.

"This is a bad idea. Honestly, you can't tell a mundane that Simon was bitten by a vampire. Part of our job as Shadowhunters is making sure mundanes..."

"Don't know the truth ?" Clary cut him off.

"Don't know anything about the Shadow World." Jace corrected her.

Clary sighed. "Don't worry, I'm just gonna tell her there's an accident and that...that Simon's not coming back. I owe his mother that much. She loves him."

Simon's mother interrupted their conversation by walking into the living-room where Clary had been waiting. She came back with two cocktails, one for her and another for Clary, and gave it to the redhead girl.

"I haven't heard from Simon since yesterday, Clary." The worried mother told Clary as she sat in front of her. "And he slipped out on Rebecca and I. Then he just, disappeared. Have you heard from him or should I call the police ?"

Clary shook her head. "No. If we needed to, I would've called Luke."

"I just want to know if he's alright."

Clary stared at Simon's mom and immediately felt sorry for her when she saw how worried she was. Jace stood near the desk, and noticed Clary's uneasiness as she put the cocktail on the table in front of her.

"I saw him." Clary declared.

"Oh my God, you did ? Where is he ? Is he okay ?"

Clary hesitated. She knew Simon wasn't okay, but she didn't know how to tell her.

"Clary, whatever it is, I can handle it." Simon's mom told her as she also noticed her hesitation.

"Okay, look the truth is..."

Before Clary had the chance to say anything that would blow their cover, Jace threw one of the figurines on the floor. The noise made them startle. When Clary looked at the direction of the noise, she realized that it was actually Jace's fault, while Simon's mom was confused. As she stood up to pick the figurine up, Jace walked up to Clary silently.

"What are you doing ?" he whispered.

"I don't know. This is really hard." Clary answered.

"Stick to the plan and be careful."

"I will."

~~

Five wolves.

It seriously took five wolves to kill that forsaken. I was wrapping up Luke's hand and wrist with bandages when I heard the door open. I looked behind me and saw Alec walk in the Jade Wolf with a blonde-haired woman beside him. I frowned, at her presence because I didn't know her. Where did she come from ?

"What are you doing here ? You're okay ?" Alec asked.

"I had to talk to Luke, but I'm fine." I told him.

"Leila King..." I heard the woman say, which brought my eyes on her. "...daughter of the former Circle member Emily King."