Another dimension ( 1x10 ) part 1

In order for Clary to find Valentine, Meliorn brought her and Jace to the Seelie Glade through one of the entrances hidden in the mundane world. As Clary wondered how this was the way to find her father, Meliorn informed both Clary and Jace that her necklace was the key. The portal shard.

"Your portal shard works the way it does because it's a piece of a Portal from another dimension." Meliorn stated.

"Another dimension ? You're saying there's a portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them ?" Clary asked.

"If you can find the only portal still standing in that other dimension, it will take you to your father." Meliorn said as he kept guiding them, until he saw what he was looking for. "These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the Seelie realm." he told them as he pointed them with his finger.

"How is it possible that the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways ?" Jace asked, suspiciously.

"They are our most guarded secret. We are the protectors. The only people who know about their existence is the Seelies...and you." Meliorn said as he stopped in front of the secret doors, to look at Clary. "I owe you a life debt and I don't like being indebted to anyone. This is why I am telling you. Even though, I could be executed if the Seelie Queen finds out I've shared this with you."

"Well, we'll be extra careful then." Jace commented.

Melliorn stared at him with his frowned eyebrows. "There's no "we" in this scenario. Only Clary goes in to find the Portal."

"You've given us no reason to trust you, Seelie."

"He brought us here." Clary noted.

Meliorn arched an eyebrow while Jace rolled his eyes, before he faced an arch of trees and used his seelie magic to open the secret doorway to the other dimension.

"What is it like ? The other dimension ? Is it like this one ?" Clary asked as she looked at Meliorn be one with nature.

"It is but it isn't."

"Could you be more vague ?" Jace commented.

"It's an alternate timeline, in a sense. There, Shadowhunters no longer exist. Their services were no longer required because they won the war against the demons, centuries ago." Meliorn explained before he turned around to face both Clary and Jace. As he saw Clary's surprised expression on her face, he nodded. "Demons no longer exist in that dimension. And Downworlders have conformed to the mundane way of life to avoid detection. Once you arrive in the alternate dimension, you will assume the body of the Clary in that world. You will think and feel just like her."

"But I'll still know I'm me, right ? I'll know I have to find the Portal ?" Clary asked, worried.

"There's a catch."

Jace rolled his eyes once again. "With Seelies, there's always a catch."

"Your alternate self could consume you if you let it." Meliorn answered.

"Is there a way to not let it ?" Clary said.

"Focus on the differences between that world and ours. Find something or someone to keep you grounded to this one. But you have to hurry. If you don't, you could cease to be this world's Clary Fairchild and be stuck in that world forever."