Confessions (1x11) part 1

"Dad ?"

Jace was staring at his father, who was slowly coming out of the locker he had been trapped in. His eyes didn't look away because he couldn't. He couldn't believe that he was standing in front of a man he thought was dead since he was a child.

"Son." Michael said as he pulled Jace into a tight hug. "Oh Jace. I can't believe it."

Clary looked at their exchange, but she couldn't deny that Jace's father wasn't who she expected to find. Neither her mother or Valentine were there.

"Son, you're hurt." Michael stated as he saw Jace's state once he pulled back.

Jace wasn't himself at the moment. He was weak. He couldn't make clear sentences or look at his father's eyes more than 5 seconds.

"I'm Michael Wayland. Jace's father. Look, I know what Jace told you, but I've been here for ten years. Valentine took off and left me." Michael told Clary.

"And Jocelyn Fairchild ?" she asked.

"He took her with him. And you are ?"

"Clary, her daughter." she introduced herself. "Meliorn, the Seelie said that he was here with her. He...Jace no !" Clary was interrupted by the sight of Jace who suddenly couldn't stand on his feet anymore. Both Clary and Michael supported him before he hurt himself even more. "It's Ravener venom. He kept telling me he was all right."

"We have to find your father. Not my father." Jace muttered.

"His stele. Where is it ?" Michael asked as he looked for Jace's stele.

He checked Jace's pocket, but the first thing he found was the card that hid the Mortal Cup. Clary took it from him and put it in her bag, before she found Jace's stele in his back pocket.

"It's not working." Michael said as he tried to activate his iratze. "The venom's spreading."

"We have to get him help. We closed the Portal." Clary told Michael.

"Valentine's got a standing portal. It's over here. Let's go."

Michael and Clary put Jace's arms above their shoulders, to support him and and the three of them walked towards Valentine's portal to go through it.

~~

I didn't know why, but instead of going to the Institute like I planned to, I came back to the Jade Wolf with Luke and Simon. I just...I didn't know. Maybe I felt good there. Not because I was usually surrounded by werewolves who couldn't stand to be in the same room with me. But because of something else, and I couldn't seem to find out what it was.

Valentine still needed to be found, and God knew what was happening at the Institute right now. And here I was, coming back from the Jade's wolf kitchen with a raw meat standing on a plate.

"Here's your reservation, sir." I said as I put the plate in front of Simon.

Simon eyed it, disgusted. I would have too, especially because of the blood around that meat.

"No way. I can't eat this."

"You're in no position to be picky." Luke told Simon while I sat beside him which was also in front of Simon.

"I can't eat at all. I can't just go to a restaurant, order food and just sit there and stare at it." Simon said.

"You need to learn how to adapt to what's in front of you. All the plate, around the meat. What do you see ?"