Chapter 8: At the Midnight Dinner

Jungkook: Am I really gonna meet your parents?

He said nervously as he saw Namjoon walking towards the other direction.

Y/N: We have to Jagi... You need to know what will happen if you were to be with me....

I said as I leaned on his arm as I held on to it.

Jungkook: O-Okay...

I then led him to the doors of the throne room.

We stop in front of it and look at the guards.

Y/N: Please open the doors for us.

I said to one of the guards. He bowed and looked at the other guard so they may open the doors to let us enter.

They open it revealing my parents sitting on the throne talking to one of the local dukes of this Kingdom.

I could feel Jungkook tense up just from the sight of my parents.

I rubbed his arm with one of my thumbs that was hugging him.

I whispered to him.

Y/N: It's gonna be okay Jagi... I'll be here with you the whole time.

I could hear his gulp and he looked at me and smiled at me nervously.

We walk towards the throne and stop about 6 feet from mother and father.

We bow at the same time and once we looked at them, they were curiously looking at Jungkook.

Mother: Please excuse us.

My mother said to the duke who was talking to them. The duke bowed to the king and queen and left the throne room.

Mother: Darling. Who is this??

She said curiously as she was looking at us.

I smiled to them and held on tightly to Jungkook's arm.

Y/N: Mother, father. I would like to introduce you to someone.

Father: Go ahead dear.

He said smiling.

Y/N: Mother, father. This is Jungkook my boyfriend. Jungkook, this is my mother and father. The queen and king.

My parents' eyes widened from the introduction while Jungkook smiled at them still very nervous about the situation.

Father then grinned and stood up in joy.

Father: This is amazing news darling!

I sighed in relief because I was nervous of how they would think about Jungkook.

Mother: Yes! That's for sure!

But then I realize.... Why were they happy?

Y/N: Wait. Mom.. Dad.. Why are you happy about this? I thought you wanted me to marry Jin?

I asked them informally because well, they are my parents.

Dad: We heard about what happened sweety, and we are so sorry about making you marry him...

He said as he sat back down on his throne.

Mom: We really are. We won't force you anymore.

I smiled in glee as I was finally free from being forced to marry someone I hated.

Dad: Anyways. Why not we have a midnight meal together?

He asked the 3 of us.

Mom: Sure, why not. Y/N?