04 | Breakdown

You were the shadow to my light,
Did you feel us?
Another start,
You fade away...

Faded - Alan Walker

At first, I had no idea what song should I choose for this chapter, but I pick this one as of today... so thanks to ThaisPujolOrtiz lol

Anyways, I'm surprised that you still held on to this fanfic of mine despite about the most evil, most horrible, and the most darkest thing I did in Prospekt's March...

* * *

Base: Poppyfields
8:45 AM

Apple finished pinning the French flag up inside the base which it was between her lab and another room almost an hour ago. She was back inside her lab or the Medical Room fidgeting the box-shaped machine as Chica was now taking a rest underneath the medical bed on the right.

If you were wondering, she already knew that Lara and Phil got married from Marzia while the couple together with Will and Guy took a visit in Base: Violet Hill and probably gave Eager Love Revenge a bit of a hello, I guess...

She then used the screwdriver which the dog gave her as she turned the screws at the conrers of the small machine, two oval-shaped lights were blinking on its screen before they slowly dim out. A moment after, she paused and glared at her work table for a moment, feeling that someone is slowly creeping behind her as a hand later placed on her shoulder, a slight shadow rose above her height.

Apple quickly grabbed the hand as she made the intruder to slam at the ground and pressed its head with her foot, twisting the arm from its hand immediately as she brought out a small pistol from her coat with a loud growl.

"Ow ow ow! Shit...! Apple, it's me! It's me!!" the intruder exclaimed with a familiar voice that made her blue eyes widened to meet a dark-haired man as Chica started to loom around him, wagging her tail.

"Oh my God -- Mark...!" she gasped while quickly getting him up and returning her weapon back in her coat, Mark then groaned at the pain while shrugging his left shoulder over and over to relieve it. "Holy -- are you okay?!"

"I'm fine -- augh -- I see that your self-defense has improved -- jeez -- well done," Mark continued groaning upon his shoulder and rubbed his cheek where her foot's stepped on, Apple placed her hands on her forehead in worry.

"God, don't just creep behind me like that! I almost bent your clavicle up and ripped the joints...!" Apple reminded him as she slapped his arm with a frown and later relaxed her fingers, returning to her work table for the machine while Mark smiled apologetically. "Where the hell's your glasses?" she somehow frowned.

"Sniper: 42 crushed it like an asshole during our little adventure in Argentina," replied Mark with a shrug. "Triggers my Rage Spark... again."

"You still need glasses?" asked Apple, knowing that he can still probably see without it.

"Of course, I'm 31 and I probably still being perscribed to it," Mark only shrugged and the young doctor sighed as she pressed a button on a flat device from the top left corner of the table. A single set of glasses appeared and Apple took and gave it to Mark who thanked her quietly.