VIII. Cheeks

*SLAP*

"Fuck! What the hell, Jae?" Jungkook groaned as he held his hand,

"Don't be a pussy." I snapped back with a triumphant smile on my face.

Hoseok gulped from the sidelines, "Now I really don't want to lose.."

-

When Hoseok joined our little circle, we decided to play a game, and this is the one I offered up which is called "You're Too Slow", which is a card game. We each hold 4 cards in our hands and cycle through cards until one of us has 4 of a kind, thus putting our finger on our nose. The rest of the people have to throw their hands into the center, and the last person to do so, gets slapped on the hand by every one else.

-

"C'mon boys, if we're going to play, no pansy slaps, okay?" I said as I passed out the cards again. Taehyung nodded, and Jungkook began to stretch out his hand, getting ready for some payback.

The round began and the cards began cycling.

1 jack... 2 jack... 3... 4!

I put my finger on my nose with a smile. It takes them a second to notice before piling their hands in the center.

Hoseok was last.

I chuckled and winded up my hand, but then looked at his face as he bit his lip. I swung my hand down, but it seems my power level went down and it hit his hand so soft, you couldn't even hear the slap.

"What happened to no pansy slaps, Jae?"

"Shut it kook, I just messed up." I mumbled,

-

An hour of card games later, Taehyung and Jungkook decided it was time to go back to their dorm. I walked them out, but grabbed Jungkook before he could leave and whispered into his ear, "There's nothing wrong with liking guys, especially Taehyung, he's a great guy. Take care of him." I pull away and look him in the eye, he stares at his feet and nods, leaving behind Tae.

I lock the door and walk back to find Hoseok laying on my bed and looking at the ceiling. I plop on right next to him, "Wrong bed."

"I know." He said quietly. He rolled over to face me, and I turn my head to look at him back. The room is dim, but his eyes are still glowing, and some grease still lays on his nose and forehead from the intense game playing.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, matching his quiet tone.

He puts his hand on my cheek softly, looking at me. "There's something about you I don't really understand."

He gets up before I could say anything and goes under the covers of his own bed, his back to me, closing me out from whatever intimacy we just had, the warmth of his hand still lingering on my face.

-

It's 6:30 am, Hoseok is still in bed, and I get up to get ready for school.

I open the room door, about to go to the cafeteria until I hear rustling behind me, "Hey, wait up, I want to go to."

Hoseok crawls out of bed, his hair almost levitating off of his head.

"Sure." I say, putting my bag down and going to my desk to sit.

"I'll be real quick."

He really meant that since he came out 5 minutes later, the face grease and bed head gone. He walked to his dresser and began to undress.

I quickly turned away, blushing, even though it was just a quick glimpse of his broad nude back.

"K, I'm good, ready?"

"Mm."

The walk to the cafeteria was quiet, it didn't really bother me, but it seemed to bother him, since it looked as if he kept attempting to say something, but decided against it.

"G-good morning." He said suddenly, 15 minutes after he had woken up.

"Good morning."

"Hey... about last night, sorry. Just forget it, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable at all, really, it feels like you're the one uncomfortable with the thought of me being uncomfortable. So please don't worry about it." I looked at him, his face slightly red.

He looked at me back, and I smiled. He smiled too.

I stopped walking, and so did he, I took a step closer to him, not breaking eye contact. He froze.

I put my hand on his cheek, the warmth quickly engulfing my hands and warming it from the cold fall air.

"Pay back." I whispered,

The warmth of his cheek quickly rose, and he looked away.

I smiled, liking this shy Hoseok, "Well we better get going, class will start soon if we don't hurry."