Chapter 8

"Bakla! Bakit late ka ngayon?" bungad ni Jon Neil aka Nelly. Nelly was her gay friend she became close with during her first day as Branch Manager of King Tower Hotel & Resort three months ago.

"I was busy. Period." She replied shortly.

"Asus! If I know, magdamag ka lang nanood ng kdrama."

Her eyes sparkled. "Bakla! Ang gwapo-gwapo ni Lee Min Ho. Gusto ko ng i-ship ang sarili ko pa-korea! I want to meet him personally and be his bride."

"Ambisyosa! Hindi ka papansinin nun, may jowa na sya."

"Hmp! I don't care. Aagawin ko sya sa jowa niya."

"Halika ka na nga, kulang ka lang yata sa tulog kaya nag-iilusyon ka. Doon tayo sa cafeteria, may libreng pagkain." He dragged her.

She then smells the sweet aroma of luscious foods. Her stomach grumbled making her friend laugh.

"Hahaha. Kapag pagkain talaga, lumalabas ang pagiging matakaw mo."

She grinned. "Guilty as charged."

When they entered the food fiesta everyone greeted her.

"Okay, eyes here people." She announced. They paused and faced her.

"Good morning!" she greeted and clapped her hands.

"Good morning, Miss Crissy!"

" Before anything, I just want to ask. What's the event today? Bakit ang daming food? And para sa atin ba talaga iyan?"

"Nag-site visit po kasi ang big boss sa branch natin. And he prepared these treats for us. Maganda daw po kasi ang performance ng branch." Anjie informed, their receptionist.

"Ah, okay. That's good. Let's continue improving our performance here and be the best. Keep up the good work guys! Tsibugan na!"

They all yelled, "Yehey!"

She and Jon sat beside each other at the end of the long table. Then Julius brought a plate and utensils for her. Her workmate who's been persistent on courting her. She just smiled tentatively and whispered a "Thanks."

Jon teased her. "Ang sweet naman ni fafa. Naghatid pa ng plato sa sinisinta and here comes your drink."

"Jon Neil?" she called sarcastically.

"Don't call me that, Nelly, it's Nelly." Nakasimangot na tugon nito.

"Kung ganon, tumahimik ka. Kung ayaw mong araw-araw kong ipangalandakan ang pangalan mo. And as I was saying, I don't like him. I also told him that already pero ang tigas pa rin ng ulo."

He pouted. "Okay, okay. Got it"

"By the way, nakita niyo na ba ang CEO?" she asked.

"Yup, kanina ng dumating siya kasama ang ilang business partners around 7:30 am. And mind you, letse! Ang gwapong-gwapo. Mas gwapo pa siya sa Lee Minho mo. My dream man. Handsome and rich. Kinikilig ako!" Her friend's eyes twinkled.

"I disagree." She contest.

Jon rolled his eyes. "Hindi mo pa kasi siya nakikita. Once makita mo siya, magbabago ka na ng pananampalataya."

Its her time to roll her eyes. "Whatever. Let's just eat. Gutom lang yan."

She continued eating while her friend daydreamed about their CEO. She heard other girls praising him also. Saying he is so perfect, a real hot guy and how they would trade anything just to have the man's attention or be able to marry him. She laughed to herself of what they're saying. Its impossible for such a man to spare any glance at the likes of them. She bet he would prefer sophisticated women, or those who ran in the catwalk wearing skimpy bikinis and even those daughters of other business men.

Oblivious to her surrounding, her workmates became in chaos especially the women. At dahil hindi siya makakain ng maayos naisipan niyang lumipat ng mesa. Pushing her chair and stood up, she turned around to move when suddenly two large arms encircled her waist. She gasped. She was sure she don't need anyone's help to help her stand up.

"What the ----- " she stopped and looked up.

"Long time no see." The man greeted her.

Her eyes widened with shock. The most handsome man she laid eyes with was now standing in front of her. The same man who suddenly disappeared years ago, leaving a possessive parting words.

Lance Devin Lee.

He was now more handsome. His chocolate brown eyes still as piercing as ever. He became so manly, broad shoulders, tall and perfect body physique. Out of impulse she suddenly covered her lips with her hand. Thinking he might kiss her, like he did years ago.

He chuckled sexily.

Damn it!

Her heart beats crazy, so crazy.

He then removed her hand on her lips and did what she thought he might do.

He dipped his head and kissed her lips!

She heard loud gasps around her but her mind went blank.

He nipped and leisurely tasted her lips. She gasps when he held her nape making him deepen the kiss. His hold on her became tighter. The kiss took a couple of seconds before he slowly removed his lips on her.

"Sweet as ever." He said while touching her lower lip with his finger.

He took a pecked on her lips again. Her eyes widened again.

Out of panic she pushed him and ran for the restroom.

But her plan failed when she heard him ordered someone nearby.

"Stop her. Don't let her go away from me."

Three men in black suits stopped her. 

"Miss, please go back to Sir Lance or else..."

"Or else what?" she spat.

She tried going through. "Let me through before I kicked your asses!"

When they still stand on her way, she used what she learned in martial arts and flipped them one by one.

She smirks when they landed on the floor and took the opportunity to run.

"Damn. Still as feisty as ever." She heard Lance said amusingly. She turned to him and removed her stiletto shoe throwing it at him, only for him to catch it. He smirked.

She turned to run when another set of men in suits approached her.

"Shit." She mumbled when she saw Lance started walking towards her.  Out of desperation she moved towards the men in black while ripping her pencil skirt just above her thighs to make her move easier but before she attacked a pair of strong arms wrapped on her waist and a tuxedo jacket surround her to cover the ripped part of her skirt.

She came face to face with an angry Lance. His eyes turned dark and lips thinned. 

"Let go!" 

But he didn't listened and just throw her body on his shoulders. She wriggled.

"Stop wriggling or I'll make sure everyone here will witness another hot steamy kissing scene. You want that?" 

She blushed and stop moving and looked around. Everyone looked at their direction.

"Damn you!"

"I know, sweetheart." She heard him talked to someone.

"Let's postpone our meeting later Duke. I still need to tame my tigress." 

The other man chuckled. "No problem, you gave a nice show so I'll consider."

Lance patted the other man's shoulder. "Thanks, man." And he started walking ahead.