Chapter 17

He was watching them from afar. He dreamed to be with her without restrictions, boundaries, and on her own will. He also knew lying to her was not right but how could anyone blame him? He can't control what his heart desired. His mind becomes useless when his damn heart dictates what to do.

People around him said he was heartless, ruthless, evil and so on, some even accused him of being a member of the mafia which was ofcourse a very stupid accusation. Truth be told, he may really be ruthless when it comes to business, he kill to achieve his aspirations but not on the sense of killing a person, he means by killing their business. They also called him the Tyrant King in business since he was not merciful to his enemies.

But who was them to judge him? the business world almost killed his family. And took him away from the woman who owned his heart years ago. So, who cares about their sentiments? I worked only for the Lee family and for my future with her though its bleak and uncertain.

He looked at the clock, its already 1:00 am but she was not home yet. Because he was healing his misery, he let her be with that man, not because of her demand to be away from him but because its what he think is the best for them. But damn, he was jealous, different scenarios came on his mind making him lost control and smashed everything his hands held.

"Damn it! Who was that guy she was with?! Damn it! Why aren't they reporting?" The sound of broken glass can be heard after he smashed the wine bottle to the floor.

She maybe with another man right now but he never let his guard down, he asked his men to watch over them and report to him if something bad happens.

He then heard the sound of a car in front of their gate, he ran to the front and saw her friends stepping out of the car but Crissy didn't. He became anxious, did something bad happened to her?

"Where's my wife? Is she there inside the car?" He asked while his heart thumped crazily.

But her friends keep quiet. He was supposed to go to the car to confirm if she was or not there when Ethylle stopped him. He was about to asked her politely when he felt a slap on his cheek.

"We gave our blessings to you hoping you could really take care of her now but damn Lance, anong ginawa mo? Sinaktan mo ang kaibigan namin."

Ivelynne stepped. "Hindi man namin alam kung anong totoong nangyari pero pagkakita pa lang namin sa kanya alam namin na ikaw ang dahilan kung bakit naglasing siya. If Jhon Nelle didn't called us, hindi namin malalaman na may malaking problema na pala si Crissy."

As he heard the name of the man she was with his blood boiled with jealousy. "Who's Jhon Nelle you are talking about?"

Sherry rolled her eyes. "For pete's sake, can you calm down, huwag mong pagselosan ang taong tumulong magbantay kay Crissy. He was a friend okay? But back to where we are talking, I want to ask you, are you really sure about how you felt towards Crissy as what you've said to us in the coffee shop?"

He nodded. "Yes."

"Then who the heck is Trisha?" Ethylle asked.

"She's my cousin and she knows everything I've been through when I was away from Crissy. She was also the one that suggested the wedding."

Napapalatak ang mga ito.

"Assume pa ng assume, mali naman ng assumption." Ivelynne.

"How about the fact behind your wedding? Nasabi mo na ba sa kanya?"

He looked away to hide the pain he felt when Crissy said she wants them to be away from each other.

"I...I wasn't able to tell her the truth. She just bolted away from me before I could even say a word."