Chapter 10

"M-Marry? You?" she stuttered.

"Yeah. Marry me." He repeated seriously.

"Are you on drugs?" she asked.

His forehead knotted. "No. Why? How is that related from you marrying me?"

She stood up abruptly. "I guess, you're really on drugs. You're nuts. You need to see a doctor, Sir."

"I'm not crazy, woman. You need to marry me." He emphasized and crossed his arms intimidating her more.

She paced. "Bakit naman kita pakakasalan? At saan mo ba napulot yang ideyang pakakasalan nga kita? You're really insane!" Her heart thumped crazily thinking of marrying him and the idea of being with him all the time.

Wait a sec.

Why am I even thinking of marrying him? We're not a couple. I don't even know what was his motive commanding me to marry him.

We hated each other in the first place.

"I will not marry you." She finalized and walked to the door.

"You will. You don't have a choice, babe."

"Try me."

He smirked. "You will lose your job if you don't agree in marrying me."

That angered her. "What?! That's illegal! How is that possible? You can't fire me. Hindi rin naman malaki ang kasalanan ko sayo." She stood in front of him.

He caressed her curly strands covering her face which slipped from her bun and pushed the strands behind her ear. The act seems so endearing only if his not Lance. The same Lance who's able to bring havoc in her system.

"I don't care. I owned the company. Marry me or you lose your job."

"That's blackmail!" she countered.

"As I was saying. I don't really care. You call whatever you want."

She wouldn't be controlled by anyone especially him. She have her own mind, own choices and decisions. She may love her job here but what he's asking is too much. Marriage is not as easy as a, b, c and 1,2,3.

"Then, I'd rather lose my job than marry you." She said after a long moment. "When should I file my resignation, Sir?"

He looked mad.

"You'd rather lose your job than marry me? Do you think by resigning you'll be able to go on?"

Now it's her time to knot her forehead. "What do you mean? That's my decision, and you can't stop me. I will not marry you."

He suddenly grinned dangerously. Now that made her nervous. She knows something was coming.

"Sweetheart, even if you resign, I will make sure no one will hire you even if you're credentials were exceptional."

That made her shrieked in horror. "What?! You'll not gonna do that?!"

"Ofcourse, I can. You know me. What I say is what I will definitely do."

She's fuming mad. She have so many dreams to pursue, and its not gonna work if she doesn't have a work, no penny.

She glared at him. If looks could only kill, he's dead by now.

"Bakit ako pa? there are a number of women out there willing to marry you, why not them? Why the heck is it me? Where not even close, or in any sort of relationship, not even friends? We just met during college a couple of times, we didn't have those friendly chats or so. There's nothing special between you and me? I have so many questions but you're just standing there like marriage is not a serious matter? Are you kidding me?"

"You worry too much, you jump into crazy conclusions, I'm not done yet so let me talk first without any interruptions." He said.

She hesitantly nod.

"Good. Now let me clear this to you, it will be just a fake wedding, okay? Its only for a show because I need a wife in doing business dealings since most of the businessmen in the corporate world today doesn't fully trust young businessmen like me unless I already have a responsibility of being a family man."

She still seems skeptical.

Something's off about the whole thing.

"And as for you saying there was nothing between us, now I'm telling you, we have our own history back there in college. The kisses I gave to you, me saving you, me stalking you, and so on."

"You? Stalking me? When?"

He was silent for a moment.

"Let's talk about that later. Now as I was saying, we have something here and don't you dare deny it. I felt it and I know you also do."

She avoided his piercing eyes. "I don't know what you are talking about but let's get back to the marriage thing. Why me?"

"Just because, you are you."

Mas lalo siyang nalito sa sagot nito. "Leche flan ka. Ang gulo ng sagot mo."

He just chuckled sexily.

Damn handsome guy.

"I will set the wedding in the next month, I will arrange everything, you only need to be at the church on our wedding day."

Her eyes bulged. "The hell?! Pumayag na ba ako? As far as I remembered I didn't agreed."

His hazel brown eyes turned dark. "You have no choice, whether you like or not. You, Crissy will marry me next month. End of discussion."

He then went out to the door with her still gaping at what he said. He is controlling her, making her hate him. She was living her life freely and then when he appeared out of nowhere, her world turned upside down. She values her freedom but how can she be freed when a controlling jerk is threatening her work, her dreams? She also thought working abroad but then she loved being here, her family is here, friends and she hates dealing with changes which will occur when she'll be in a foreign land.

"It will just be a sham wedding." She consoled herself. "Leche flan! Nai-stress ang beauty ko!" She wiped an invisible sweat on her forehead.

"Are you done, talking to yourself?"

Napatalon siya sa gulat. Akala niya umalis na ito. "Shet! Akala ko umalis ka na? At bakit ka ba nanggugulat?!"

"I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Paano ako magiging okay? nagjo-joke ka ba? Who's gonna be sane here when out of nowhere you'll be married in a month?!"

His face suddenly lit up, like something was giving him the best Christmas gift which irritates her because he looks so handsome. 

"Anong nakakatuwa?"

"You marrying me is enough. Seems like you're accepting this marriage."

"But it will be just a fake wedding, right?"

Something crossed his eyes, an emotion she can't fathom.

He murmured. "Yes."