Chapter 9

He brought her to her office and throw her to the sofa. She glared at him. He then proceeded to sat on her swivel chair. Damn him, this was her office but it seems like he's the real occupant.

The room felt heavy.

Or is it just her. The man across looked relaxed and composed like nothing happened a while ago.

Whereas her emotions were in chaos.

He removed a few buttons on his white polo and cuffs. And he looked damn sexy doing that in front of her.

Snap out of it!

"What the hell was wrong with you?" she snapped.

"I should ask the same question. What kind of stunt are you trying gain ripping your skirt off like nobody's watching?" he ask irritated.

"It's none of your business. It's my skirt not yours. I would do what I want, besides it was because of you why I did that! You tried to stop me through those men!"

"The hell? You're showing your legs to all the males in there! You think I didn't notice those bastards looking at your legs? I don't care if you show off too much skin as long as its only you and me."

She knotted her forehead. He's ballistic just because she showed her legs? What's wrong with him. The issue is not because of her legs, its because of what he did in front of everyone there. Kissing and manhandling her.

She stood up across from him and tapped the table hard. She was fuming mad.

"I don't care what the hell is going on in your head. Who are you to do those things to me? I don't even know why you're here so spare me from your idiotic stunts."

He leaned towards her and clasped his hands together. Their face only a few inches away. He looked intently at her. All emotions gone. His eyes looked cold and dangerous. But she maintained a brave face.

"Okay, I'll tell you. I was the CEO of this hotel and resort. I'm on site visit and you are the branch manager. Is that how you treat your boss?"

Her eyes bulged.

"You're the CEO? But I thought your business was more on technology? How the heck did you become our CEO?" she shrieked. She remembered during college days what business they were up to, technology and ofcourse the university.

He smirked. "Baby, I'm a businessman, I don't settle for one type of business. If there's a new field of business in demand I'll go for it."

She took a deep breath. She is unfortunately her boss so she should act like the title she held. Be the manager she is. She faced him bravely hiding all the turmoil going on inside her.

"I'm deeply sorry for what I did, Sir." She emphasized. "I assure you that it won't happen again. It was just a misunderstanding on my part. I acted on impulse not knowing who you are. As a manager, I'm willing to accept any work ethic punishments as per the managements order. If anything else, I would like to ask permission to leave and work on my rounds." She said politely like how she managed customers.

His eyes turned dark. She doesn't know why and she don't care. She would put pedestal on their status. He is the boss and she was just an employee. Maybe by putting a distance between them would stop or lessen the tension around them.

He didn't talk for a while but just stared at her.

So she decided for herself to leave her own office and look for comfort outside where he is not around. She turned around when she heard his booming voice.