Chapter 1~ Heartbroken

Dedicated to Second Episode of web series Black Coffee ;)

Guys, if you haven't checked out this A-amazing web series, then please do, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJViT5zVAJEqDt9MXMybRQ This is Beyond Dreams official channel from where you can watch the episodes ;)

Now the Chapter

***************************************

'This is it Ved Awasthi, I am done with you.' A girl yelled at the man in a business suit. She slid a ring off her finger and threw it at the man. 'Here take your token of love and get out of my face.' She scolded him.

Ved looked sadly at the girl. 'But why Dia? He asked. Dia rolled her eyes and slammed her palm on the desk.

'Because I don't want to have an affair with someone same workplace.' She said folding her arms angrily. Ved looked back sadly. Looking at his puppy dog chocolate brown eyes, Dia felt herself melt. Ved got slightly hopeful when he noticed a change in her posture.

Dia sighed and said softly- 'I am sorry, Ved but...you were right. I am having an affair with Vikram.'

Ved is super shocked by the revelation. He had been doubting something fishy was going on between his best friend and his girlfriend, who had only recently turned into his fiancé. He had also questioned many times about them but instead was shamed for his narrow-minded thinking.

Ved frowned, - 'Isn't he from workplace too?' He stated matter of factly.

Dia sighed, she extended her hand to hold his palm but Ved retracted his hand back. He glared at her. Ved hated himself as the tears began pooling in his eyes. It always happens whenever he is very upset. But he hates this as it makes him look vulnerable in front of others.

'Look, Ved. I just fell out of love with you. I really don't have any other reason.' She explained. Ved nodded and took a deep breath to compose himself. He acted cool and adjusted his business suit.

'Okay, cool. Both of you have fun in life.' He said sarcastically and walked out of Dia's cabin.

********************************************

As Ved walked towards his cubicle, tears flowed down his cheeks and he didn't bother wiping it. Like a zombie, he walked into his cubicle. Just then his friend Vikram appeared out of nowhere. Ved quickly turned around and wiped his tears.

'Come we are getting late for the meeting.' Vikram said in his usual cheery tone. Ved looked up and glared at his friend. His breathing getting uneven as he tried hard to control his anger and not punch his face. Everything that Dia had just confessed echoed in his ears. But he didn't want to create a scene at the workplace and so, he clenched his fists tightly instead.

'I am coming.' He muttered to himself. Vikram frowned as he wasn't able to hear him but seeing the fury and hurt in his eyes he decided to not probe him.

'Okay man, come soon, the boss is waiting.' He slapped Ved's back and walked away. Ved closed his eyes tightly and clenched his fists tighter.

After few moments to himself, Ved felt calmer. He adjusted his tie and got up. He must be professional and not let his backstabbing friend and his recent breakup affect his job.

Working in the Sales department for a leading MNC isn't an easy job, the pressure of meeting the targets, the deadlines can always take a toll on one's health. In this busy life, running in the rat race Ved had found his calmness in his girlfriend Dia. Dia was an intern in the marketing department when Ved had seen her first. It wasn't love at first sight, he had taken some days to actually fall in love. Dia was this superhot female staff every male staff was after but to everyone's shock she chose Ved. Ved was super shocked himself. When, very reluctantly, he had confessed his feelings to her she had instantly accepted him. Only recently he had spent his three months saving to buy her an emerald ring and propose her for marriage. He had been delighted when she had said yes. But then, a few days later, his dreams of having a wonderful future with her was brutally shattered.

Ved wiped his tears and sighed stepping out from the elevator.

Outside the meeting room, Ved found Vikram and Dia chatting happily. The way she blushed and fidgeted with her batch, still made Ved's heart skip a beat and then when he looked at Vikram shamelessly flirt with her Ved felt his blood boil. He lowered his head walking swiftly passed them. Luckily, they didn't notice him.

Soon, everyone gathered. The last one to enter the meeting room was Vikram. The men looked at each other. Vikram gave him an apologetic look but Ved looked away. Perhaps Dia told him about her breakup. Even in her apologetic look, Ved saw a tinge of a shameless grin.

'*******' He muttered under his breath.

****************************************

After the meeting as Ved arranged the papers and packed his laptop into his bag Vikram approached him. Ved clenched his jaw but ignored him.

'Hey man! Sorry about Dia. But- you were right the spark that she shared with me was always missing in your case. No hard feelings, bro.' He said blatantly. Ved clenched the file tightly, his knuckles turning white. Vikram noted this but he wasn't intimidated. Ved quickly stuffed his belongings and looked at him, - 'No hard feelings, bro.' He said sternly while glaring into his eyes. Vikram startled to see softie Ved being intimidating. Ved hung his laptop bag over his shoulder and walked away. Vikram sighed shaking his head. 

**********************************************

Don't be Heartbroken Ved, she doesn't deserve you *sunglasses emoji*

So, guys, How was the first Chapter? Drop in your thoughts :*

Precap: Ved meets Natasha

Will it be a start of a new love story? Well, stick around to find out ;)

Guys, I m super excited for this one *dances* Thanks so much for reading *flying kisses* please do shower your love and support and don't forget to vote and comment :*