Chapter 21~ Shocked

Ved felt excited and nervous as he walked into the café. He fidgeted with the ring in his palm and looked around searching for Natasha. He usually always spots her easily but not today. Dejected he sat at an empty seat and looked around for her. He spotted Asha.

'Excuse me.' He called raising his hand. Asha turned, and she spotted him. She smiled, looked around and walked towards him.

'Hey!' She beamed and then corrected herself, - 'Hi, sir.' She modulated her voice to sound formal and polite.

Ved leaned forward and spoke in a low voice, - 'Where is Natasha?'

Asha blinked at him for a while and then looked around, - 'She hasn't come.'

Ved's heart fell. He had prepared a surprise for her and.

He sighed.

'Why? Is everything alright?' He enquired sounding concerned. Asha nodded and replied.

'Actually, summer vacations have started so-' Asha left her sentence incomplete. Ved frowned. What has summer vacations got to do with Natasha taking off? He nodded and looked away briefly before looking back at her.

'What is your address?' Ved asked.

'Huh!' Asha is taken aback, but quickly composed herself and said, - 'But Natasha doesn't like if-'

'I am her boyfriend, Asha. And I want to meet her.' Ved interrupted her sternly. Asha looked at him and then sighed.

'Fine.' She then narrated him the address and he jotted it down in his memory.

'Okay, thanks.' He got up, but before he left he looked at Asha, - 'Don't tell her I am coming. I want to surprise her.' He said happily.

Asha looked sad, she lowered her gaze and spoke, - 'I think you will be the one who is going to be surprised.'

Ved doesn't understand what she meant, nevertheless, he was happy to have Natasha's address. He is determined to propose to her and make her his, officially.

**********************************

Ved opted for stairs and climbed happily. Actually, he hopped, skipping steps as he rushed to the second floor of the building. Flat no. 210, he walked in the lobby reading the nameplates on the wooden door. Finally, he stopped by the Flat. He touched his pant pocket to make sure the ring is in his pocket. Yes, it is. He smiled to himself.

Ved felt his heart hammering as he rang the door-bell. Soon, he heard a giggling sound and hurried footsteps. He frowned, the voice isn't of Natasha.

Soon, the door opened and Ved inhaled sharply. There is no one at the door. He frowned and looked around. Then he felt someone tap his leg.

'Hello, Uncle!'

Ved looked down and found a small boy, aged 7-8 approx. standing there clad in red Tee and black Bermuda shorts. He held a toy gun in his hand and looked confusedly at Ved.

'I am sorry, I think I came to the wrong-'

'Who is it, Nihal?'

Ved felt his heart stop beating for a second when he heard her voice.

He is surprised when Natasha walked towards the door, she held a toy gun too. Ved smiled at her but noticed the color drain from her face. He is confused. The little kid looked from Ved to Natasha and back again. She simply stared at Ved as though she has seen a ghost.

Oh, so Natasha takes breaks to meet her nephew – Ved is relieved, he had mistaken this little kid to be her supposed boyfriend once. Ved internally chuckled at his foolishness. He opened his mouth to speak when the kid spoke.

'Dunno Mumma. He is some stranger.'

Ved froze. Mumma?

He stared at the kid wide-eyed and then looked at Natasha. He could see guilt on her face, she avoided his gaze.

'Do you know him, Mumma?' The kid, Nihal, then looked back at Ved, - 'Sorry, uncle, wrong house.' He said and then shut the door at Ved's face. Ved is still standing like a statue reeling in the shock he just got.

Mumma. Natasha is a mother. She has an eight-year-old son and didn't bother telling him this? – Ved is shattered. He felt betrayed. He lowered his head and slowly turned around. Gloomily, he began to walk.

Damn, the tears- Ved cursed, they always betray him. He blinked his eyes and looked up at the sky. He had thought of various possibilities but never in his wildest dreams, he thought she will be a mother. He had always been very quick in doubting people if they hid anything from him but how did he miss Natasha. Perhaps, she was too good at hiding or maybe he had let his guard down.

For the first time, Ved had fallen in love with someone so sincerely but landed up breaking his heart again. He glared at the diamond ring.

Jinxed ring

*******************************

The secret is out *TA-DA!*

So, guys how was the Chapter? Natasha's secret? Drop in your comments :* :*