Chapter 19~ I Love You

Guys, this is the edited version.... Unedited version you will find in my other book, book of private chapters *smiles* Link of which can be found in my profile. The chapter will be private so you have to be a follower to read it.

******************************************

Ved looked away briefly and then back at Natasha, she took a sip of coffee. He cleared his throat and looked intently at her. 'Natasha, I hope you don't regret it. It was a heat of the moment, moment. I am sorry if I offended you.' Ved apologized sincerely.

Natasha exhaled loudly, holding the cup with both her hands she continued to stare front.

'I regret only one thing in my life, Ved,' -She turned her head and looked at him, a sad smile appearing on her face, - 'Ditching my family for a rascal. Now,'- She sighed, - 'I have anything to lose, nothing to regret.' She blinked at her eyes and this made Ved slightly guilty. She looked front again.

'Honestly, I had been thinking about the kiss. And,'- She looked at him again, - 'I don't regret it.'- She looked away again, - 'I was just eighteen when I did the most stupid thing in my life. I was young, naïve. But now,' – Natasha looked back at him and smiled little, - 'I am twenty-five and.... I have matured. I have begun to understand people and their intentions and,' – She placed her palm over his, - 'I know your intentions were pure.'

'How can you be sure? What if I am a psychopath?' Ved smirked. Natasha smiled and then looked away briefly, she then looked back at him.

'You don't know much about me either, Ved. What if I am a psychopath too?' She smirked as well. Ved smiled and held her palm tighter.

'I am willing to take the risk.' He stared into her eyes. His gaze darted towards her lips briefly before looking up into her eyes.

'Me too.' Natasha confessed. Her voice slightly above a whisper.

Ved leaned forward but Natasha looked away, - 'Your coffee is getting cold.' She pointed out.

'Oh, yes!' Ved replied, red-faced. He looked back at his untouched coffee. Something struck him, and he placed his mug on the table. Natasha is taken aback when he took her cup as well.

'Natasha. There is something I want to tell you.' He said making an apologetic face.

It is now or never – He told himself.

Natasha looked blankly at him. Ved turned little to face her and held her hand. Natasha looked cluelessly at their hands and then at him. She looked concerned.

'Are you al-'

'I love you.' Ved confessed abruptly. His heart jumped into this throat. His heart beat so sound, he feared he might go deaf. Natasha stopped fidgeting and became still. She stared into his eyes, her eyes slightly wide.

Slowly, she slipped her hand from his grip.

'But you hardly know me.' She blinked at him.

Ved smiled. 'What-ever I know that is enough for me to realize that I love you.' He confessed. Seeing her reaction, he is little confident. Natasha looked away. She was shocked, yes, but wasn't offended. Ved could tell.

She looked back at him, - 'There is something else I want to tell you but-'

Ved held her palm and squeezed it gently. 'Then tell?' He said.

Natasha looked at him, thought for a while and then shook her head. She looked away and then back at him.

'You aren't jo-joking, right?' She asked him.