Chapter 16~ Emotions and Kiss

'Wow!' Ved complimented tasting the hot steaming coffee. Natasha smiled and leaned against the kitchen slab, she held her mug with both her hands.

'How can you enjoy black coffee?' She said and twisted her lips. Ved laughed little and leaned against the slab beside her.

'This Milk coffee is baby stuff, it isn't even real coffee,' – He said pointing at her cup, - 'this,'- he raised his coffee mug, - 'Is the real deal.' He finished coolly.

Natasha scoffed and looked back at the milk coffee, - 'Only bad boys can handle that stuff. As for a weakling like me,' – she faked a sigh and then giggled before saying, - 'This is more than enough.'

Ved smiled too.

'So? Ved, tell me why you got into a fight? You don't seem like someone who fights?' Natasha asked and then took a sip of her coffee. Ved froze. His lips touching the hem of his coffee mug. He recollected the incident at the washroom and felt angry again.

Natasha changed her posture and said, - 'I am sorry if-'

Ved sighed, - 'I recently had a break-up. My girlfriend, well ex-girlfriend was having an affair with my best friend, ex-best friend. So, she broke up with me. But today in the washroom, Vikram, the ex-best friend was speaking rubbish about her and, so I lost my cool.' Ved explained. Natasha listened intently to him. She then extended her hand and held his.

'You did the right thing.' She said. Ved looked at her and she smiled.

'You are a wonderful person.' She said. Something about the sincerity in her voice touched Ved. He smiled back.

'Are you sure?' He raised his eyebrows, - 'What if I am some serial killer who behaves sweetly with his victims?' He smiled evilly.

Natasha laughed, - 'Not possible.' She shifted little facing him, - 'I can see it in your eyes that you are a genuine person.' She replied confidently. Their gaze got locked. Slowly, they moved closer. Ved broke the eye-contact and shifted little, Natasha moved too.

'So? You said you were a waitress at a bar before. Not that I'm judging. I am just curious how you landed up there?' Ved asked. Natasha sighed and looked down at her empty mug.

Ved felt regretful for asking a personal question. He had just opened his mouth to cover up when she spoke.

'Nimrat.' – She looked up at him, Ved looked up, his eyes fixed on her, - 'My name is Nimrat Singh and not Natasha.'

Ved is slightly taken aback but he doesn't interrupt her, she took his mug and turned around. 'I was eighteen when I ran away from home because of- because- I had-had a boyfriend, Karan. He was sweet and adoring and he loved me. He made me see dreams of Mumbai, the big city and convinced me to run away. So next thing, like a fool, I packed my bags and eloped with him. But...he was more interested in my belongings and the jewelry. He made me unconscious while on the train to Mumbai and ran away with my belongings. At first, I was lost but then I gathered myself. I didn't have any qualifications and, so I took the job of a waitress at the bar. For that, I needed nothing more than good looks. And then I...'

Ved held her hand and squeezed her palm gently. Natasha closed her eyes. Watching tears flow down her cheeks made Ved's heart to hurt. He held her shoulder and turned her to face him. Natasha wiped her tears with her palms.

'Why didn't you go back?' Ved asked

Natasha sniffed, she shook her head keeping it low, - 'I can't. I have ashamed my parents.' She sobbed.

Ved shook his head and held her head with his palms, - 'Natasha, please don't cry.' He wiped her tears. Natasha kept shaking her head and leaned forward. Ved froze as she rested her head on his chest. Her one arm held his waist while she fisted his shirt tightly with fingers of the other. Her cries grew little louder.

'I miss them.' Natasha cried in his embrace. Ved took a second before raising his arms and hugging her.

'Don't cry. Everything will be alright.' Ved assured her. He kept caressing her back. Natasha moved little back to look at him, they continue to cling together.

'Nothing can be alright again. I ruined everything.' She shook her head, her dry lips trembled, and tears kept flowing.

Ved is surprised that Natasha got so emotional recollecting her past. All this while, thanks to her lovely smile, he never thought she would have been bottling up so much inside her.

Ved shook his head and held her face tightly, - 'Look at me, Natasha. Everything will be alright. I promise you. Don't think about the bitter things okay.' – He wiped her tears lovingly. 'You have Asha and more importantly, you have me.'

Natasha paused and stared into his eyes. She looked dazed.

'You?' She whispered

'Yes, me.' Ved whispered back. He gazed into her eyes for a while before lowering his gaze to her slightly parted dry lips. He eyed her lips briefly before looking up into her eyes again. He noticed her gaze fall to his lips. She kept looking at it. Mustering some courage, Ved leaned little. As he tilted his head parting his lips, Natasha looked back into his eyes.

He gazed into her eyes briefly before closing his eyes. As his lips inched closer to her, he felt her gaze on him.

Ved felt a jolt of electric shock as he brushed his lips against hers. Slowly, he captured her upper-lips with his. Wow! Ved thought as he nibbled on her lips gently. A minute later, he felt her palms on his waist and her lips firmly gripped his. Slowly, she reciprocated to the kiss.

Ved moved little back and their kiss broke, but he kept his lips resting on hers. Natasha moved her head and pressed her lips over his and began sucking on his lower-lips. Ved held her face firmly and leaned forward kissing her deeply. He pushed her against the kitchen slab as they kissed passionately. He felt her palms grip his back tightly, her fingernails pinching his back, but he couldn't care less.

They parted when they felt out of breath. Ved joined their forehead together. Both breathing heavily, and both had their eyes closed.

'Ved, there is something else...'

'Shh...'

'No, Ved. Let me tell. But I am afraid,'- She moved little and looked at him, - 'I am afraid to confess.'

'Then don't tell.' Ved caressed her cheek. Natasha smiled little. Ved then leaned forward and kissed her lips again. Natasha closed her eyes tightly and reciprocated to his kiss.

*************************************

Natasha *cries* *heartbreak* But what is the "something else"? What are your thoughts, my lovelies??

How was the Chapter, guys???? Drop in your thoughts *flying kisses*

And.....