Chapter 3~ Attraction and Guilt

Ved returned home and spent rest of the evening distracting himself by watching a cricket match. He was fine till the game was on but during the ad breaks, it was either him feeling depressed over Dia and Vikram or thinking about the gorgeous Natasha Singh. Ved is confused wondering if he is upset because of his breakup or heartbroken because his best friend and fiancé backstabbed him. He is also amazed at himself for getting attracted to a random waitress and it's not been even a day of his breakup. It is so, unlike him. Dia had always complained about him being overprotective, clingy and what not but she had always been proud that Ved was a very loyal boyfriend, then how is it possible, the way his heartbeat raced when he saw Natasha. Strange.

Later that night, when Ved went to bed that night he had a very troubled sleep.

********************************************

Next morning, Ved got ready for work. As usual, he was super excited. But his excitement died instantly as he remembered about his breakup. Ved enjoyed working, this is his dream job, but what he loved even more about going to office was seeing Dia's beautiful face, holding her hand and listening to her melodious voice. Ved sighed sadly and tied his blue and white striped tie.

He got a call from Aditya, he had requested him to come soon as his car broke down on the way. He sounded too melodramatic that Ved doesn't argue and hurriedly left.

He drove his bike and found Aditya with his car at a distance from their workplace. His car hadn't broken down very far from the office. He could have walked but considering that Aditya is lazy AF, Ved isn't surprised.

'Thanks, yaar.' Aditya slapped Ved's back so hard that he fell forward. Ignoring him, Aditya sat behind and placed his palms on Ved's shoulder with so much force that his shoulder drooped. Ved winced inaudibly.

As Ved walked through the cubicles he dashed into Vikram. Vikram smiled at him but he doesn't smile back. Vikram's smile faded as well. Ved shot him a look and walked past him.

As Ved worked, for the first time he was waiting for the lunch break. He is eager to go to the coffee joint again. Have their trademark coffee and some light snacks. A part of his head remembered Natasha, but he shoved away the thought.

*******************************************

'Hey!' Ved looked up from his files and found Aditya smirking at him, his arm resting on top of the cubicle. Ved smiled tiredly at him. Aditya patted his shoulder and asked him cheerily to come for Lunch. Ved agreed. He fell back against his chair and rubbed his palm over his face and let out a deep sigh. As Aditya watched him he felt slightly bad.

On their way to the exit of the office they found, Dia and Vikram hand in hand. He seemed to have cracked a joke and Dia laughed wholeheartedly. Her head fell on his shoulder and he smiled. Watching all this Ved felt uncomfortable. There was a time when she laughed like that at his joke, there was a time when her head fell on his shoulder every time she laughed. Aditya looked at his expressions and sighed, he held his friend's shoulder and squeezed it. Ved winced but it went unnoticed by Aditya.

'Forget them. Shameless. It has been just a day of your breakup and look at them.' Aditya said. He looked disgustingly at them.

'Not one day. This had been going on for a long time behind my back.' Ved said bitterly. Aditya gasped.

'Shameless jerks.' He commented.

Suddenly, Ved isn't feeling so bad about getting attracted to Natasha. If his fiancé can cheat him with his so-called best friend and get into a relationship with him the very next day then why can't Ved move on. Moreover, he is just attracted to Natasha. It's not like he cheated on Dia or fell in love with Natasha the very next day of the break-up. 

***************************************************

Oh ho! Dia and Vikram *deep sigh* *shakes head* Guys, want are your opinion on them? Poor, Ved is feeling guilty also confused *hehehehehe*. And Aditya is so cute, isn't he? *laughs*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them in the comments :*

Thanks so much for reading, my lovelies *flying kisses* Please don't forget to vote and comment *some more flying kisses*