Chapter 17~ Falling out of Love

Ved woke up with a sharp pain in the back of his neck. He groaned, his arm hurt as well as he moved it behind his neck. He huffed and dropped his legs down the sofa and sat up straight. He blinked and found Aditya sprawled on the ground next to the Carom board. Ved wondered where Asha is. He looked around, dazed and confused.

'Natasha.' He whispered and got up. Uff! He winced holding his lower-back and walked towards his room.

Natasha broke their kiss and took a step back. Slowly, Ved opened his eyes. He closed his mouth and looked at her. She had her head slightly down, her eyes darting, and she tapped her palm impatiently on the kitchen slab.

'Um...I have to go...it's - it's...getting...late.' Natasha pushed her hair from her forehead and licked her lower lip. She avoided looking at him as she turned around.

'Natasha.' She stopped when Ved called her. She exhaled loudly but doesn't turn around.

Ved walked towards her and stood beside her. Hesitantly he placed his palm on her shoulder. She doesn't shrug it off and Ved is relieved.

'It is late, and Asha isn't in her senses. I suggest you two stay here tonight.' He spoke softly. Natasha turned her head sharply.

'You and she can sleep in my room. I will sleep on the sofa.' He said covering up. She lowered her gaze and turned her head. Ved's heart hammered with anticipation for her answer. She took excruciating two minutes to nod her head. Ved opened his mouth to thank her when she spoke.

'Let Asha be there; she is too drunk.' She then walked away. Ved watched her go feeling a bit strange.

Is she offended by the kiss? But she too was an equal participant in the kiss. Ved had not felt any hesitance from her side. Perhaps, she is regretful. The thought made his heart sink.

'Natasha!' Ved knocked the door for the third time but there is no response. He moved his hand but paused with his fingers hovering over the door handle. Should he go in? After last night he is feeling little awkward. He licked his lips and knocked for the fourth time and called her name, this time louder. No response.

Mustering some courage, Ved opened the door and peeked inside. The room is empty. He entered and looked around. His gaze fell on the well-made bed and he frowned. There is a yellow note stuck on the bedpost. Ved walked around the bed and picked up the note.

Hey Ved,

It is four in the morning and I have decided to leave. You are sleeping and so I am not disturbing you and sticking this note instead.

Ved, thank you for being a very good host and more than that, thank you for listening to me. I am sorry, I got carried away...

Ps: I am taking Asha with me. And I will be locking the door from outside, don't worry I will push the key from under the door.

Natasha

Ved sighed! He is disappointed as he had hoped to see her in the morning and sort things out. He exhaled loudly and stared sadly at the note.

He placed the note in the top drawer of his dressing table and turned around.

After he had showered and changed into his work attire he walked out of the room. As he walked towards the main door, he kicked Aditya who still lay sprawled on the ground. Ved looked down and spotted the house key. He smiled and bent down picking it up. He looked at it sadly.

***********************************************

Ved walked towards his cubicle when a soft feminine voice called his name. He doesn't turn around and continues to walk.