eleven

aaliyah

i laid in my bed at uncle jaren's house still in shock from dino telling me that he likes me. i don't know if i should think it's a joke, or reality.

i haven't told allen because he doesn't need to know until dino and i establish what ever we have or will have going on.

uncle jaren went out on a "hot date." tonight, well that's what he called it. we didn't tell him about the fight because we wanted him to enjoy himself.

he doesn't need to know unless we get introuble. i was knocked out of my thoughts when i heard banging at the front door.

"allen!" i yelled. he was already downstairs with g.i, larenz & pac, so why should i have to get up?

"dumb ass." i mumbled as the banging continued. i ran down the stairs and seen allen trying to dance.

"i know you heard the door!" i pushed him.

"huh?" he asked as if he was deaf

"ugh." i sighed

larenz began to laugh at me as i walked to the front door. i opened it and i seen a man, he had a fade with a few grey hairs in his head

"goodbye." i said as i tried to slam the door, but the man's foot stopped it.

"what man?" i asked, stepping outside and leaving a crack in the door.

"why you acting so rude, aaliyah?" he asked me. my face scrunched up with confusion.

"you don't know me?" he asked "i'm your pops." he said.

my heart stopped as i stared at him. we did share the same nose, somewhat droopy eyes & face structure.

"w-what are you doing here?" i asked as i tugged as the sleeves of my jacket.

"i thought it was time for us to talk." he began "i've always had the number to call, i've been afraid."

i swallowed and listen to him closely.

"afraid that you'd hate me or something. w-"

"wait, uh you can come inside if you want." i told him as i opened the door.

he nodded as he walked into uncle jaren's house. we walked past the living room and allen stood up, confused.

"who's he?" he asked me as g.i & larenz played the video game.

"my daddy." i said

his face softened and his demeanor changed. he walked up to my father and shook his hand.

"i remember you." allen said

"i don't." i mumbled to myself

"wow man, you've grown into a nice young man." my dad said "jaren told me your the star basketball ball player."

"yes sir, got a few colleges looking at me. i'm considering georgetown though." allen as as my dad nodded