final 🌙

aaliyah

august 6th, 2007

august 6th, 2007

i wiped dust off of the photobook
i'd pulled out of storage. i'd never allowed anyone to see or touch this photo album. i flipped through my black photo book, feeling her big brown droopy eyes stare over my shoulder. once i found the picture that i was looking for, her skinny finger rubbed over it. the memories began to flood my mind as she pulled her hand away.

"that's you and dad ?" she asked me, as i turned my head to face her. "yeah that's him." i smiled "keven 'dino' connor."

i turned my attention back to the photo book, staring at the picture

i turned my attention back to the photo book, staring at the picture. we had took this not to long after we'd started dating each other. "his hair." my daughter araya, laughed. i know you all are confused as to how and when this happened, so i'll take you all back to prom night. the night my precious daughter was conceived.

every time he touched me chill were sent through me. every time he kissed me i feel more and more in love with him. the way he made love to my body and my mind was in a way that i don't think i'll ever forget. the he held me so close, made my heart flutter and mind feel blank.

he ran his fingers through my hair, planting soft kisses on my neck. by him doing those simple things sent my body into a frenzy. our hands interlocked with each other, with every stroke the room got hotter.

this love, the simple things that he can do to me, everything about him...makes me hate the fact that he'll be leaving soon. as our tongues intertwined with each other, i fell deeper in love with him.

'and all his  face was honey to my mouth,
and all his body pasture to mine eyes;
the long lithe arms and hotter hands than fire,
the quivering flanks, hair smelling of the south,
the bright light feet, the splendid supple thighs
and glittering eyelids of my soul's desire.'