twenty-eight

authors note; really trying to get this over with 😂😩 because i have an idea 💀

may 15th, 1995

aaliyah

"this dress it's too tight." i complained, as i pulled it down further. uncle jaren swatted my hand away "it's fine leave it alone."

allen walked into my room, struggling with his tie

allen walked into my room, struggling with his tie. i looked up at him and he smiled. "my baby sister in a dress? ah man what has the world come too?" he chuckled.

"man forget you." i joked while sitting down on the bed, grabbing my box of black heels.

tonight was prom night, of course dino asked me. we agreed to wear all black because it's simple and you couldn't mess up with it. allen decided he didn't want a date because honey's would 'flock' to him anyways. uncle jaren walked over to him and helped him with his tie. he chose some ugly tan suit that i personally didn't like, but he got it anyways.

after i put on my heels i stood up, allen shook his head in shock. "a dress and a full face of makeup. i'm shook like a hooker in church." he chuckled.

"whatever man." i said, waving him off. uncle jaren looked at the both of us, with tears in his eyes. "you're momma would be so proud of you both." he smiled. we heard a car door close from outside & uncle looked at me.

"it's your dad." he told me. i nodded nervously, following him and allen out of the room. i walked down the stairs carefully, i didn't want to buss my shit in-front of everyone. once i made it down the stairs i seen camilla and my dad, standing down there with a camcorder in his hand. i looked around the living room, wishing that momma was here even though she 'hated' me.

"you both look so nice." camilla smiled, as she walked over to me and hugged me. my cheeks turned a light shade of red as i hugged her back.

"thanks." i said, pulling at my dress again. allen hugged camilla and shook up with my dad. i never understood why all men do that same handshake.

my dad walked all in my face as he recorded me. "look at my babygirl." he said, zooming in on my face. i shyly put my hand over my face as uncle jaren began to snap pictures.

"okay you two look up and say cheese !'

SNAP !

dino and i walked into the dimly lit gym room, approaching all of our friends. everyone looked so nice and put together. i examines dino, who smelled amazing. he looked even better, his black leather outfit had my hormones going crazy.