fourteen

a boring, filler 😭

aaliyah

"you heard about pebs?" kimberly asked, as we walked the almost filled hallways

"hell no, why would i be talking to her?" i asked as we turned to corner, walking to the restroom

"she knocked up, well that's the rumor." kimberly said as she opens the bathroom door, walking in before me.

i walked to the mirror and pulled out my lipstick. "who the daddy?" i asked as i focused on myself in the mirror.

"probably larenz." she chuckled "probably not."

i scoffed and shook my head. "that girl just nee-" i began to say when i was cut off my the sudden slamming of the bathroom door.

i looked up quickly, watching kimberly as she looked as crying pebbles up and down.

her eyes were red from crying & her hair was frizzy. she glanced over at us and then quickly entered the bathroom stall.

kimberly gave me a look and then spoke. "liyah, i'm going to go try and find shazam."

"okay girl." i said to her as she gathered her books and left the bathroom.

i closed my lipstick and ran my fingers through my hair. pebbles came out the stall and looked at me through the dirty mirrors.

"you heard too, huh?" she asked me bitterly

my mouth fell agape, i didn't even know what to say to her.

"what? cat got ya tongue?" she asked me "if everyone else heard, i'm sure you have too."

"yes, i heard pebbles. congratulations." i said the last part sarcastically.

"my life is fucking over." she mumbled

"don't even think negatively like that." i said to her. i sighed & turned to face her "good luck though." i told her, as i began to leave the bathroom.

i clutched my binder to my chest as i squeezed through kids in the halls. i walked to dino's locker & waited for him.

i was looking at the floor when i heard a familiar voice. "wassup, sunshine." tupac said as he hugged me

"yo." i chuckled as i hugged him back.

"get off this sucka." allen said as he walked up to us with a girl on his arm.

"you gone buss some ass tonight?" tupac asked him

"nigga what?" the girl asked, starting to get defensive.

"i'm talking about the basketball ball game." he said to her

"yo, i'll see you later?" allen asked the girl, who was now mugging tupac

"mhm." she said as she kissed allen's cheek and walked away.