twenty-five

A/N: this story more than likely will be over at about 30 chapters.

aaliyah

i forced myself to go ahead and speak to dino. what pac said to me, really had me feeling some type of way. of course, i'm still mad, but me listening to what he has to say won't kill me.

so here i am, sitting down at this booth in this cold ass restaurant...putting my stubborn ways to the side. we agreed that we'd go to a burger place, close to both of our houses. i tapped my leg impatiently, we agreed to be here five minutes ago and he still hasn't showed up.

i heard the bell ring, signally that a customer has entered the restaurant. i looked in the direction of the door and seen him, rushing over to me. i scoffed as he slid into the booth across from me.

"took you long enough." i said, slightly rolling my eyes. he sat upright and looked at me.

"lose the attitude, babygirl." he told me, while turning his nose up. "why you wanted to see me? i thought you hated me." he sighed

"i want to know exactly what happened that night." i blinked quickly, feeling nervous for some reason.

he ran his hands over his face and began to speak. "that night, i admit i was drinking." he began "it was like everywhere i went she would follow me like a lost ass dog. i remember going upstairs and laying across my homie bed, then next thing i know i wake up and we both naked." he told me. i wiped the palms of my hands over my pants, while twisting my mouth up.

"they kept telling me she took advantage of you." i mumbled.

"who is they?" he asked, leaning in.

i smacked my lips "don't be actin' slow." i told him.

"the crew." he said leaning back against the booth, tapping his fingers on the table. "so now what about us? i really miss you, aaliyah. i feel incomplete with out you." he told me, looking down.

i was about to open my mouth to speak, but he cut me off. "i won't speak to her or anything, until the baby gets here." he began "i swear, just take me back, please baby."

i looked around the room, my eyes landing on him. "i'll take you back." i nodded "i apologize for not even trying to hear you out or anything, i'm really sorry, dino." i apologized. it felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders.

kimberly

"come on, chris." i said, snatching my little brother's hands off of the handles of the swing. he began to whine and complain.

"i want to play some more." he stomped his foot. "please." he begged, tugging at the sleeve of my shirt.

"no, it's about to rain on our heads." i began as we walked away from the play ground.

"so, you wear wigs anyways." he rolled his eyes. i was about to snatch him up, but i realized i left my purse at the bench.

"stay here, bad ass i left my purse at the be-" i looked up and seen a familiar face. i squinted my eyes and it was shazam walking with a short, light-skinned chick.