~Chapter 16~

*Dimitri's POV* -The Nightmare

The day was darker than it was the last nightmare. I stood in a house that looked as if it was haunted. Dust was everywhere, the dust was in the air in which whoever walks through it would sneeze constantly, the dust was on the furniture...one swipe of the hand on it and your hand would be black with dust. Strange noises were coming from upstairs but I did not dare to go up there because I don't know what would be awaiting my arrival.

A scream came from down the road outside. I knew that scream anywhere. Naomi Knight. Naomi ran out of a house screaming. Behind her was something black. To me, it didn't look human, it looked like a black cloud of smoke. I ran towards her but I was too late. The black cloud like thing stood or hovered between me and Naomi.

"Dimitri. We meet again" The black cloud thing said.

"What do you want from me?" I asked.

"You should never ask such a question in my presence, Dimitri,"The black cloud said.

"Okay fine. I already know what you want...no I already know who you want. You can't have her. Naomi is MINE" I said.

"Yes, she is who I want. She is the princess. You can't hide her from me forever" The black cloud said.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Gabriel," Gabriel (The Black Cloud) said.

"Gabriel, you can't take her," I said.

"Why can't I?" Gabriel asked as he raised his eyebrow at the two of us.

"Because I love her. Your practically the devil so I don't expect you to understand" I said.

Gabriel stared at me for a few minutes. He was trying to figure me out, I knew it. Gabriel tilted his head to the side and then he vanished into thin air but I knew he wasn't going to give up easily. He may be gone for now but I knew this nightmare would resurface again in time.

*Matthew's POV*

Naomi and Dimitri left the room without a second look at me. Naomi seemed to take the news well. To find out your a princess could not have been easy but not only that but to face the true truth of a lie that we had been holding for years to her to protect her.

I walked past David and Micheal and turned to them, I shook both of their hands then I walked out of the room and went into the hallway. I looked around to see if anyone was around but just for my luck, there was no one. I turned back into the room that David and Micheal were in but it was empty, it was as if they were never there or just disappeared into thin air.

I walked back into the hallway and turned right. I walked to the next corner and looked everywhere but it seemed like everyone was a figment of my imagination. The castle was huge so I could easily get lost if I wasn't careful. I continued to search the castle for at least one person anyway but there was none. 

I was starting to worry a little because I searched everywhere and found no one. I had no idea what I was supposed to do or of why this was happening. Where was Dimitri? Where was Naomi? I needed to find them soon. Suddenly I was lost in thought and before I knew it people were walking everywhere. I was so confused about what happened. I started to walk in one direction but it seemed like I had no control over my movements.

Before I knew it I was in front of a metal door and I had no idea where it leads to. I looked around and saw someone walking towards me. I called out to ask a question but the person seemed like he didn't hear a thing, it was almost as if I was a ghost and nobody could hear me no matter how loud I yelled.  

I shook it off and looked back at the door. I tried to put my hand on the latch to open the door but I only went right through it. I walked forward and my whole being went through the door. I wanted to know what was going on but if the man outside the door couldn't hear me then who could? 

*Naomi Knight's POV*  

I woke up in a rush and my head started to spin. I think next time I wake up I should wake up a little slower. Voices clouded my head. Matthew. He was screaming inside my head, I couldn't make out what he was screaming but it sounded like he was lost or in trouble or something. I didn't know if I dreamed of it but it felt real.

I needed to find Matthew to declare my suspicions. I needed to know if it was real. I needed to know if he was safe. I turned to my side that faced Dimitri. Dimitri laid there awake which scared me so bad that I literally jumped and fell off the bed and on my back. I sat up on the floor and looked at him, he laid there laughing and I gave him a stern look and he stopped laughing immediately.

"What?" Dimitri asked as innocent as he possibly could.

"Don't what me, mister!" I said as I huffed and went to stand up but he rolled off the bed and pulled me down gently with his hand. His other hand landed on the floor and he caught himself before he crushed me. 

Dimitri leaned down to give me a kiss on the cheek and I happily accepted his sign of affection. I put my hand around his waist and rolled over until I laid on him. I gave him a goofy smile and giggled. He rolled back over and he was back on top of me, he supported his weight with his arms. Soon after he got up and walked into the kitchen and started to make pancakes. I loved pancakes, they were my absolute favorite. 

Usually, Dimitri only made me my favorite food when he had good news or bad news or if I asked him to but today I didn't ask him to.

I wonder what he had to tell me...