Prologue

[PROLOGUE]

; ANOTHER SECRET

; ANOTHER SECRET

He raised his hand up slowly and formed his hand into a fist yet he was hesitate about the action he was about to do. After seconds later he knocked on the door loudly, ignoring his hesitation. Waiting for a few moments no response came from the other side.

"Suji?" He called out softly. "Lunch is ready, everyone's waiting for you at the dining hall."

No response.

Hoping for the best that the female wasn't doing anything that would make the blood rise to his cheeks, he took his chances and opened the door gently. He peeked his head in slowly and saw the girl through the mirror. She was staring down at something in her hands but he couldn't see what it was since her back was facing him.

"Suji?" He called her name again to catch her attention. Fortunately it did.

She snapped her head up and met his eyes through the mirror. He noticed the widen of the eyes in that split second. She quickly hid the item in the drawer and turned around in her seat, she let a loose smile form on her lips when she made full eye contact with him.

"I'm sorry for being late, thank you for checking on me,"

He grinned. "Couldn't let you starve while I feast out."

She laughed and stood up, brushing her dark purple robe down. Suji had left the black male robes and went for a more feminine look. She chose the dark purple colour because that was Jun's favourite colour.

She still had her pink pin in her hair, her hairstyle no longer just tied up into a ponytail but the long black strands were now flowing down, half of the hair put into a bun where the pin held it together. Lots of people admired her new look; the half bun and half down with two long strands hanging off the front.

She walked towards him. "Let's go, wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting," as she was about to leave through the door she noticed something.

"What's that?" She pointed to the item he clutched in his hand.

"Oh yeah, Soo Yeon wanted me to return some items she borrowed from you?" He started, holding up a cloth that held a large box. She nodded, pointing to the table where she sat at. "You can just leave it on there, I'm going to check if the others' made their beds or else they're going to get it."

She walked out of her room while he quickly went to go and set down the box on the table. His eyes caught onto the drawer where Suji abruptly slammed it shut after she threw something in there. Curiosity got the best of him and he slowly opened it. His eyes widen at the sight of the item that Suji had been hiding from everyone.

"Only Jihan didn't make his bed," A chuckle came from the hallway making him realize what he was doing but it was too late to move. "You ready to go—" Suji stopped in her tracks when she saw him staring into the open drawer.

He jumped and glanced between the item and Suji. "Suji—" she shook her head, rushing forward to close it. "You cannot tell anyone,"

"But—"

"Please.." she practically begged making him shut his mouth. His eyes sadden as he watched the female close the drawer and lock it, her eyebrows furrowed when she caught sight of the item.

He nodded. "Okay, I won't say anything to anyone. But you can't continue to hide like this.."

Suji nodded. "I know but it's hard.." he smiled sympathetically at her. He wondered how many secrets Suji had kept inside of her mind, biting his lip from the thought. It seemed like there were too many to count and it kept increasing by the second. "I understand. I'm here for you."

"It's okay–"

"No it's not. Please let me help you, you can't keep isolating yourself and expect yourself to get better. I know you're hurting Suji and it will only get worse if you continue to beat yourself up like this. What happened wasn't your fault but Huang Fu's and you need to realize that he's the real enemy here. Let me comfort you. Plus, I already know.." he glanced at the closed drawer for a split second before turning back to Suji.

She nodded slowly, noticing his sincerity in his tone and eyes.

She let a small smile form on her lips before giving the male a hug. He was caught off guard for a moment but then slowly hugged her back.

She looked at him with pained eyes but with appreciation behind them. After being isolated from everyone in those dreadful months, instead of being left alone after muttering the words 'I'm fine.', someone was finally and willing to explain that they wanted to help her. To let her know that they knew that she was hurting and they wanted to comfort her. She was grateful that someone finally understood what she wanted.

"Thank you, Soo Ho."

idk why i identified soo ho as 'he' the entire time lmao

so, suji has another secret that only soo ho knows and it seems like it's something big

oh and y'all notice how on the epilogue on the warrior, suji said thank you ji dwi and on the prologue for the leader, it's thank you soo ho?? a hint or am i just putting random dudes??? prob the second one, hm idk

—fathercoups