Five

[CHAPTER FIVE]

; SECRET REVEALED

; SECRET REVEALED

"M-My throne—your t-throne—what do you mean by throne?!" Ban Ryu stammered out, his eyes suddenly wide.

"Have you ever heard of the King's Flower?" Suji questioned.

Ban Ryu furrowed his eyebrows, staring down at the table, "It sounds familiar.."

"It was a haiku my mother used to tell me when I was younger." Minghao spoke, looking up from his tea in realization.

"What?" Ban Ryu snapped his head to Minghao who slowly glanced over at Suji.

"A flower he has, hidden away from the world, the future leader." Minghao recited, his tone soft. Suji lightly smiled at the haiku and glanced at Ban Ryu who had a confused look on his face.

"It sounds familiar.." Ban Ryu muttered, "What does it mean?"

Minghao shrugged, "Not too sure but I know for sure that it has something to do with you." He turned to Suji.

Suji nodded, "Yeah, that haiku is about me."

"But that haiku is about the King's daughter—" Minghao started but stopped mid-sentence as Ban Ryu choked on his tea when he also realized the fitted puzzle.

"Yep," Suji chuckled. "Choi Jinyoung was the former King of Silla and I was the heir to the throne."

Minghao's jaw dropped in amazement and a grin slowly formed on his face, "Not only are you the Fearless Warrior but you're also the Queen of Silla?"

"Wait a minute," Ban Ryu interrupted, "You're supposed to be the Queen? Does that mean you're related to Princess Sookmyung?" He questioned, remembering the hate relationship the two females had.

Suji shook her head and held back a chuckle at how wide Ban Ryu's eyes had become. "Like I said, this is a lot to take in so keep quiet as I tell the story from the beginning."

She heard Ban Ryu mutter under his breath, questioning how long the story was but she simply cleared her throat. "My father handed his throne to Kong Hwi Kyung when my mother was carrying Tae Oh,"

-

"Hello," Soo Yeon greeted the Hwarang men as they approached the three girls.

"Hey Soo Yeon," Inseong smiled, failing to notice the light blush on the girl's cheeks. "Have you seen Ban Ryu?"

"Hm? He's not with you?" Ah Ro questioned, a curious look on her face.

"No, he went to use the washroom but it's been over an hour already." Sun Woo informed.

"Maybe he's—" Ah Ro started but she was quickly interrupted by Jihan who stepped forward with an interested look on his face.

He peered over Da Xia who stood still with a nervous look on her face.