Nine

[CHAPTER NINE]

; TENSION

The table fell dead silent. Sun Woo kept opening his mouth and then closing it, having no clue on how to reply. It concerned the others as Suji didn't seem to have one bit of fright or worry about the concept of dying. Her composure made it seem like she was ready for it.

Everyone was aware of all of the hardships that Suji went through. They admired her for staying strong for so long too, but they knew that she wasn't okay in the inside. They didn't want to admit it, but Suji was broken and they didn't know how to fix her.

They could do everything to make the girl happy but they knew that it wouldn't make up for the pain and trauma she went through.

"Suji.." Ji Dwi furrowed his eyebrows, concern in his eyes for his friend.

Suji glanced around and caught everyone's stares. She simply let out a nonchalant sigh and shrugged her shoulders. "I'm not saying I plan to die though. But if God decides to kill me one day, then I won't be afraid to."

"But you will be leaving us all behind.." Han Sung frowned, looking at Suji with a sad look.

Suji gave him a small smile, "I'm not leaving anytime soon, Han Sung. When I finally complete all of my duties, I'll finally rest."

"But what about what's yours?" Ban Ryu muttered quietly but the others could still hear him. Some of them didn't know what he meant by that, especially Ji Dwi who was curious by his question.

Suji turned him with a small smile, "Tae Oh."

Soo Yeon watched Ban Ryu's expression fall as he looked at Suji with concern. Suji didn't seem to notice as she glanced at her friends and family. She saw the twins picking at their food numbly while Inseong and Soo were exchanging worried glances.

Suji let out a loud sigh, "It's not like I'm going to die anytime soon, guys, stop worrying."

"How can we not worry? You're practically okay with dying." Yeo Wool frowned, noticing that Han Sung was extremely sad.

Suji rubbed her face, "Guys. I'm saying that if my fate is to die, then I let fate do its work. I'm not saying I'll willingly walk into a pit of fire."

"So you're just going to leave Tae Oh behind?" Jihan suddenly spoke up, anger in his tone.

"Jihan—"

"Of course we're going to be worried! Look how calm you are talking about death!"

Suji calmly looked at Jihan, "I'm tired, Jihan. What do you expect me to do? Tae Oh will have you and the rest—"

Jihan stood up while slamming his hands on the table, "No! How selfish can you be?! Don't you realize you're going to leave your family behind if you die? You can't just be so laidback and welcome death into your arms like that!"