Eight

[CHAPTER EIGHT]

; AFTERMATH

"We should head to bed," Ban Ryu finally announced as the three have been gazing at starts for an hour now. Han Sung nodded and yawned. He rubbed his eyes, "You're right, we should."

Suji shook her head, "I don't want to sleep yet."

"But it's late," Ban Ryu sighed.

Suji simply shook her head and Han Sung blinked and nodded, "Okay," he yawned, "We can stay for a bit longer."

Ban Ryu looked at Han Sung, "You can head to bed, I'll stay up with Suji."

Han Sung looked at Ban Ryu, "Really?"

Ban Ryu nodded, "You're tired. I'm not that tired yet, so you can go sleep, I got Suji."

Han Sung instantly got up and nodded. He smiled widely, "Thank you Ban Ryu!"

"It's no problem."

Han Sung hugged Suji who happily hugged him back, "Goodnight Suji! Good luck tomorrow morning when you wake up!"

Suji simply giggled as Han Sung smiled tiredly at Ban Ryu, despite his distaste in the past for him, "Goodnight Ban Ryu!"

"Goodnight Han Sung."

Ban Ryu watched Han Sung disappear around the corner and turned back to Suji, about to tell her that she should head to bed when he saw her staring up at the sky with a serious face.

"How are you doing, Suji?" Ban Ryu asked, leaning over to see her face.

Suji shrugged, "I'm okay." She turned towards Ban Ryu and stared at him with blank eyes. Ban Ryu chuckled at her.

"What's on your mind?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as she kept her eyes on him. She suddenly broke into a soft smile and grabbed his hand. His eyes slightly widen at the action but he still grabbed it back and held it softly.

"Thank you for sticking by my side, I never thought we'd be such good friends."

A smile melted its way onto Ban Ryu's face and he grabbed her hand back, "You're right, we used to hate each other but I'm glad we made up. Just so you know, I'll always be here for you, Suji."

Suji smiled and giggled, her hand still clutching onto Ban Ryu. She suddenly let out a sigh and leaned her head against Ban Ryu's shoulder. Ban Ryu didn't know why he was so flustered at the contact with Suji but he sighed in content and let Suji rest on him.

"Hey Ban Ryu.." Suji blurted out, her tone suddenly serious.

"Hm?" He hummed, his eyes still looking up at the stars.