Seven

[CHAPTER SEVEN]

; INTOXICATED

"I just can't believe he actually hesitated!" Suji exclaimed, glaring at the bottle of sake as Da Xia poured more into her cup.

"I can, my brother's really dumb." Soo Yeon shrugged, taking a bite of her rice cake.

"Yeah but this is over an older woman, a woman who's old enough to be his mother!" Suji ranted, gulping the sake in one go. Da Xia blinked as Suji motioned for her to pour her more. She hesitantly obeyed and went to pour more for Suji.

Ah Ro shuddered, "That's weird, and I'm sure it is for the Queen too."

It's been months since Suji's and Ah Ro's fight but they made up after a month of Jin's death. Ah Ro came to send condolences to Suji and to also apologize for being childish and rude. Suji immediately forgave her and apologized to her. The two girls instantly became close friends again, missing each other's presences for too long.

"Of course it is, I wish I could smack some sense into my brother." Soo Yeon sighed, shaking her head.

"Why don't you?" Da Xia questioned, taking a sip of her tea. She was a bit young to drink, she was the same age as the twins.

After Suji came back storming to the Hwarang House in annoyance, Soo Yeon gathered all of the girls and went to the tea shop. The sake was just snuck in by Ah Ro but Pa Oh didn't care.

"Because they're siblings, they're both messed in the head." Eunha giggled, eating her moon cake with a grin.

"Eunha!" Soo gasped softly, giving her a look.

Soo Yeon laughed, "I mean, she's not wrong, but I'm not as bad as my brother."

"Don't worry, my brother Inseong is messed in the head too." Eunha shrugged, reassuring Soo Yeon.

Soo Yeon simply giggled, commenting on how Inseong is funny, making Eunha glance at Soo. The two exchanged a look and glanced at Suji but she was too busy gulping down another cup of sake. She motioned for Da Xia to pour her more but Da Xia sent a hesitant glance to the others as she held the sake bottle.

Ah Ro frowned, watching Suji lean her forehead against her palm as her elbow was leaned on the table. "Don't you think you should tone down on the sake Suji? Your cheeks are getting rosy."

"No," Suji kept her forehead in her palm, "Just give me some more."

"You don't want to end up like Ah Ro when she chugged the entire pot of alcohol," Soo Yeon teased as Ah Ro became flustered and began to stumble on her words, trying to fight for her side.