Three

[CHAPTER THREE]

; REASSURANCE ➖

; REASSURANCE

"I'm sorry for your father but do understand it is what needs to be done." Suji apologized, approaching the young female who sat with Eunha, Ah Ro and Soo Yeon. Her brothers and Soo went on a walk with the Hwarang group to cool down their raged emotions.

Soo Yeon had kept her mouth shut the entire time while Ah Ro kept muttering things under her breath about how crazy the current events were. They stood where the public stood since Soo Yeon wasn't allowed to stand with the family members and the Hwarang so Ah Ro accompanied her.

Da Xia slowly nodded. "It's okay. My father and I used to be close but we drifted apart after my mom left. I always had a feeling my father was doing something since him and Minghao are always—"

"Minghao?" Suji cut off, her eyebrows furrowed.

Da Xia nodded. "He's my older brother. My dad practically controls Minghao, I'm kind of glad that my dad drifted away from me, I feel bad for Minghao though." Da Xia continued to explain small details about him.

"Where is Minghao?" Suji questioned.

Da Xia told where she assumed her brother would be and Suji immediately dismissed herself. Suji began to quickly jog around the palace before a body collided with her from around the corner. Suji let out a yelp, quickly catching herself from falling over.

Suji snapped her head to see a familiar face and her scowl instantly wiped off from her face.

"Oh, Ban Ryu!"

"Suji! I'm sorry for bumping into you," the male's eyes were slightly widen in surprise, his hard expression relaxing into a soft expression when he recognized the girl.

"It's fine, I apologize as well."

"How are you feeling?" Ban Ryu asked, watching Suji carefully.

Suji nodded at him. "I'm well. How are my siblings?"

"Alright, Soo is a little shaken up but Yeo Wool and Han Sung went to go cheer her up while your brothers went to go with the other guys to go spar."

"I see. How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine as well. Where are you heading?"

Suji hesitated whether to tell Ban Ryu where she was heading. She began to inform him on how she was planning to find Da Xia's brother and dig out information from him.

She waited for his response when she finished explaining and was surprised when he nodded. "Okay, I'm coming with you though."

"What? Why? You don't need to,"

"What if this Minghao kid is dangerous?"

"So what? You're going to protect me?" Suji scoffed, her tone filled with disbelief.