Chapter 1

Charles' Perspective

As I take in the serene atmosphere of this enchanting area, the gentle touch of the wind caresses my cheeks. The vibrant colors of the grassy field and the soothing sound of the trees' rustling leaves create a sense of tranquility. In my opinion, this is the most beautiful spot on Earth.

The peacefulness of nature is interrupted by a faint crying voice behind me, shattering the silence. Turning around, I see a child rushing towards me, addressing me as his father.

"Daddy, daddy," he pleads, urging me to stay.

"Daddy, don't leave me..." he whispers as he embraces me, leaving me bewildered. Who is this child? Why does he call me his father? I'm just a 17-year-old high school student! How could I possibly have a child at such a young age?

"Please, Daddy... daddy..."

Suddenly, the child's voice transforms into my mother's. What on earth is happening?

"-harles. Charles!" Everything fades away as I open my eyes, realizing it was all just a dream.

Oh God! I thought it was real! Having a child with my mother's voice – it's driving me crazy just thinking about it!

"Get up, you lazy child! You're late again! When will you learn to get up on your own? Go! Get up!" My mother's annoying voice interrupts my thoughts. Charles, you're amazing! Her voice could wake up the entire neighborhood!

Searching for my glasses beside the bed, I notice the alarm clock – it's already 7:30 a.m.! Oh my goodness! I have only 30 minutes to get ready! Grabbing a towel, I dash to the bathroom in haste.

Come on! Come on! Come on! Hurry, Charles! You're going to be late!

After a frantic sprint, I barely make it to class and take my seat just as the lecturer enters. Thank you, God! I made it on my own! The class falls silent as the lecturer greets us, and I wipe away the sweat from my forehead. "Are you prepared for the recitation?" Panic sets in as I realize I completely neglected to study last night. What should I do?

To my horror, the professor approaches me, making me anxious. No! No! No! Please, not me!

"Oh, Mr. Bautista, I hope you can answer all my questions; you're one of the smartest kids in this class," she says. Oh no! It's confirmed. I stand up, feeling like I'm about to be devoured. Help me, Lord! As she flips through her question cards, my heart races.

Just as the tension builds, someone forcefully opens the door, drawing everyone's attention. A tough-looking lady walks in – Caily Faith Cruz. She's known as the most beautiful girl in school, but her attitude is terrible. She interrupts the teacher, claiming she had other matters to attend to, saving me from the impending recitation.

Thanks to Caily, the teacher's anger is redirected towards the class, and we receive a low score. The bell rings for a break, and I head to the library to return a book. On the way, I encounter Caily and her friends, who intentionally bump into me. I try to avoid them, but Caily stops me.

"Hey, nerd," she taunts. I try to ignore her, but she insists I do some tasks for her. I reluctantly take the long list of activities and assignments, feeling trapped.

"Why is she doing this?!" I grumble to myself. The workload is overwhelming, and I fear being late for my next class. Despite my frustration, I complete the tasks and rush back to the room with the books.

I approach Caily and hand her the completed work. "Finished it all as you wished. So please stop-"

"Okay, you may go. Nerd," she dismisses me. Clenching my fists, I try to control my anger as I return to my seat. She really is unbearable. After all I've done for her, she can't even say a simple 'Thank you!' It's getting on my nerves.