Chapter 2

Charles' Perspective

Even after three days, she continues to bully me, forcing me to obey her like a slave. Whenever I resist, she threatens me, leaving me with no choice but to comply.

I'm just sitting through our lessons, a Grade 11 student with a passion for my favorite subjects: Science and Math. My knowledge surpasses that of an average high school student; I'm considered quite intelligent. In fact, I have my laboratory where I engage in inventing, building robots, and other inventions.

As the teacher announces a new lesson, my excitement builds. She asks if anyone is knowledgeable about the topic, and I eagerly raise my hand. Please pick me, ma'am; this is my favorite part! I learned this during my elementary days.

As expected, she selects me to solve a problem involving a 2.5 L sample of gas collected at 1.25 atm pressure. I quickly apply the formula P2=V1P1/V2, impressing the teacher with my solution.

"Very good, Mr. Bautista! I'm really impressed!" she commends. I smile at her praise, but my joy is short-lived as the bell rings.

The teacher announces a Science Fair next week, and I'm urged to be ready. Excitement courses through me until she calls me aside.

"Charles, can I talk to you?" she asks. Anxiety floods me as I wonder if I failed her class due to Caily's interference.

"Mr. Bautista, I know you're one of the most intelligent students here in our university. Don't be shocked," she reassures me. Another compliment, but her expression hints at something more.

"The Science Department has decided to pick you as one of the inventors to showcase your inventions at the fair," she reveals. What?! I'm in shock. It hasn't sunk in yet. I'm going to invent something for the fair!

Overwhelmed with joy, I can't find the right reaction. "Charles, are you okay?" the teacher asks. I'm still stuck, processing the unexpected news.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," she says, leaving me to burst with happiness. I celebrate by heading to my favorite place, the Ice Cream Factory. However, my joy is cut short when I notice Caily staring at me from the door.

"What are you doing?" she asks. "You don't care," I reply, walking past her. Despite her presence, I'm determined to enjoy my moment.

But she insists I treat her to ice cream, and I reluctantly comply to avoid trouble. She ruins my celebration, and I can't hide my frustration. She always manages to spoil my happiness.

As I walk home beside the highway, heavy rain starts to fall. I open my umbrella, only for a passing car to splash mud on my uniform. Infuriated, I yell at the car, realizing it's Caily. She continues to be a pest.

Later, my friend Clarkine calls, asking where I am. I head back to school, enduring the stares from other students due to my mud-covered uniform. Clarkine helps me change, reminding me that I forgot my P.E. set. With Clarkine by my side, my day ends on a positive note, but thoughts of dealing with Caily tomorrow linger.