Series of Unfortunate Events

10 years ago...

A seven year old girl wander around the forest of Kouka's Sky Tribe. With her is a white tiger cub. "Ceira, dont go to far", her weak voice reached the cub and went beside her. She tripped and fell on the ground. She cried from the pain and stings in her body. She's been walking for almost 14 days. The cub went to lick her face.

She met the abandoned cub along the way. She was able to feed it with fruits from the tree. "Father, someone is there", Nari felt relieved to hear such a sweet voice.
______________________________________
She woke up and gasped for air. A hand grabbed on hers. "Its okay, you're going to fine", the beautiful orange haired kid gave a warm smile at her. She cried a lot and pulled her feet together. Soo Won was also astonished with her beauty. Her ocean blue eyes are so captivating which made Soo Won aware that she is not from the place. Her long silky white hair also looks so smooth.  The cub came running towards her and licked her hand. "Ceira, you're also safe. Im so glad you are here", Nari carried the cub on her arms and hugged it.

Soo Won checked her everyday

Soo Won checked her everyday. Nari's legs are tired from the journey she had. Soo Won would peek in her room and gave a massage for her feet. The girl never gave a response to him. Her eyes were like dead fish's eyes. "You're so fortunate to remain alive. I'll be visiting the capital for a while. I wanted to bring you with me but father told me that you should rest. Is there anything you want me to buy for you?", Soo Won tried to communicate. The little girl shut her mouth without saying any words for almost a week inside the Sky Tribe Castle.

A stern faced middle aged man came inside the room and pulled Nari to stand. The little girl shivered in fear. Yu-Hon pulled the girl's sash with embroidery similar to a kingdom far from them. "Little girl, where are you from?", Yu-Hon asked. Nari covered her face and cried. "Answer me first before crying", Yu Hon slightly raised his voice. "You can tell him, he will protect you whatever happen", Soo Won assured. "Sei...no... Edo", Nari answered. Yu Hon was startled and gulped. "What's your name?", Yu Hon asked. "Nari", she answered. "Nari, that's a good name. Do you want to stay here? Soo Won doesn't have any one in the same age in this castle. Do you want to be his friend?", Yu Hon asked knowing that Nari is someone from another kingdom. He was hesitant to return her to where she once lived looking at the scars and bruise all over her body. "Can I stay here?", Nari asked. "Of course you could", Yu Hon patted her head.
_______________________________________

After 2 years,

Nari grew up to be Yu Hon's adopted daughter. She would always massage the old man's back and listen to his war stories. Nari, coming from a barbaric nation, understand him a lot and also tells story about Edo and Sei.

One day, she finally decided to reveal who she really was.

Nari is a daughter of the Emperor of Edo with a princess in Sei. Because of political differences, two kingdoms fought at a war where Sei got allies and was planning to trumple down Edo. The war broke and the son of the Princess died because of it. Sei still lost the battle but the Emperor of Edo doesnt want anything to do with ut. The princess in Sei begged for Nari to be given as a compensation to their lost son and in exchange, Sei will work under Edo. The emperor didnt give any second thought and gave his daughter to the princess. The princess in Sei doesn't have a sound mind and often beat Nari at the age of 5. At times, she would love her and at times she would have the intention to kill her. There were times when she eats good food but more often than not, she gets to starve a dungeon for days. At the age of eight, she decided to leave the Palace and escape. She was able to reach the Sky Kingdom through hitchicking from merchants.

"You don't have to feel that anymore", Yu Hon patted her head. "But if the Sei Kingdom searches for me, Kouka will be endangered", Nari trembled. "Your father will be here", Yu Hon pointed at himself. "Kouka doesn't hold any weapons", Nari reminded. Yu Hon gave a smile and tickled Nari. Soo Won saw the scenario and joined them.

Soo Won and Nari would casually visit the capital and play with Yona. The princess would be so upset to have Nari joining them so Nari stopped going with Soo Won after a year.
_____________________________________

One Year After...
Soo Won treated the girl like a younger sister. Most of the time, they would spend days training with the bow and arrow.

"You have good eyes", Soo Won clapped. "I'm Both in compared to you", Nari said shyly. "Girls shouldn't hold any weapons", they heard a voice. It was King Il. They both bowed. "Uncle, this is Nari", Soo Won informed. "Yona would be jealous to see you both like this", King Il chuckled. "King, I actually heard you were visiting so I gathered a lot of pears for Yona", Nari informed.

During that night, it was raining.

Nari was sleeping at Yu Hon's room. She was awaken by King Il and Yu Hon's quarreling. "What do you mean that the Sei King came at the capital?!", Yu Hon asked. "Some merchants spotted Nari and reported it to the King. We have to give her back", King Il suggested. "I will have to fight if that's the case", Yu Hon bit his lips. The rest of the conversation were exchange of quarrel of what would be a greater means. One life in exchange of many. King Il drew a sword and stabbed Yu Hon. "I won't allow war in my kingdom", King Il looked at Nari who was frozen. Soo Won was also peeking and saw what happened.

King Il dragged Nari away from the room and ordered the soldiers to bring her back to the Sei King. Soo Won grabbed Nari back. "You cannot do this, Your Highness", Soo Won was crying.

"Soo Won, sorry. If only I didnt come here. Father wont be... dead", Nari cried so much. Soo won held her hand tighter and was about to escape with her but a soldier hit him on the head and he fainted. "Goodbye, Soo Won", Nari cried.

The rest of the history were series of unfortunate events.

Human Trafficking

Untreated as a daughter

Under a sadistic Queen

Abandoned in a wolf's den

Survival of the fittest
_______________________________________
Present, Sky Tribe

"You're awake now?", Ayi, a female servant looked down on her and checked her forehead. "The fever went down. You must have been tired from the journey, Lady", the servant added honorific. "Lady?", Nari sat straight and looked around. "Where am I?", she asked. "It's the Sky Tribe Palace. His Highness told us to call you Lady", Ayi informed. "Where is he?", Nari asked. She saw servants stunned looking at her. "Are you sure she's a human? She looks like a goddess", they whispered to each other.

"His Highness left this morning, he's headed to nearby villages", a soldier entered and left a letter.

Lady Nari, how does it feel to be back home? Sorry that I wont be able to tour you again at the palace. I'll be going back there at once. Plus, I have a surprise for you at the pavillion.

Nari suddenly remembered Ceira and ran towards the Pavillion. She saw a tiger with cubs around it. She went down and the tiger seems to recognize her. It ran towards her and gave was trying to give a hug but they both fell on the ground. "Ceira, you're no longer a little cat", Nari laughed while crying. The cub surrounded her as well and headbutted her hand. "Hello little ones", Nari patted each cub.

Chapter End.

Credits: for the photo :)