Back At The Palace

Hiryuu Castle

The generals are called at the Palace again for a meeting.

"Well, its good to have Yun Ho. She woke me up just in time", Geun Tae bragged. "Not unlike some old single guy there", Geun Tae was referring to Judo. They had a fight. "That's a good thing General Geun Tae. I was referring a lot of pretty girls to General Judo but he rejected them", Soo Won entered the hall. "You have two or one women to comfort you, right?", Geun Tae laughed. Soo Won didnt answer. "The King isn't into those things", Kye Suk informed. "How about that woman in Awa?", Judo asked. Soo Won suddenly flushed. "It wasnt like that", Soo Won averted his stares. "You're turning 19. It's a marrying age", Geun Tae panicked. "Well, if you mind...", Joon gi went close to Soo Won. "I have a daughter", Joon Gi opened his eyes. "Well... let's proceed to the meeting", Soo Won tried to run away from the topic.

"Get yourself a wife already. You need someone to prepare for your clothes and also to represent you as well", Nari said irritatingly. "Oh, Nari. You're here", Geun Tae smirked. "What about Nari?", Geun Tae pushed the girl in front of Soo Won. "I would also consider that", Soo Won smiled. Nari flushed and punched Geun Tae's face. "A king cannot marry someone with scars", Nari sighed and went to sit beside the new Wind Tribe General. "You look like someone I know", Nari was referring to Hak. "The Kai soldiers retreated after having an encounter with the travelerss at where I stationed Nari. Shall we have some reports?", Soo Won didnt give a look at the girl. "The village near the border is already burnt down. I evacuated them just few days ago. Since there are no more villagers, we wouldn't be putting guards in there as not to stir up the enemy", Nari reported. "About the travelers? Who are they?", Judo asked. "They're just some random travelers", Nari said in a bored tone. "How would some random travelers be that strong enough to aid you in scaring them off?", Judo asked suspiciously. "Do you have some people in mind? Whatever or whoever you are thinking about, I am not concerned with those who helped me protect Kouka from potential invasion", Nari gave a fierce look at Judo. "By the way, your wife's tea improved", Soo Won butted in the conversation.

After the meeting, Nari went to have a sparring with Geun Tae. "Were you upset about having his highness married?", Geun Tae teased. Nari kicked harder and sent Geun Tae at the pond. "Oh, Im lacking control", Nari humphed at him. She offered a hand and helped Geun Tae to stand. "Guess... You're already getting old", Nari chuckled. After a while, Nari started to cough uncontrollably. she ran towards the training ground. Soo Won happened to pass by.

Training Ground.

Nari spatted blood on the ground. She went near the well to wash her hand and also gargle with water. "That's a lot of blood", Tae Woo, the windtribe young general happened to be training his spear then saw Nari running towards there. "Are you injured during the battle? Why would you be stationed alone? Even.You're that strong, without someone watching your back is a suicide battle", Tae Woo sighed and handed a bag of water. Nari smiled and drank it.

They both walked towards the hall. They passed through a garden before entering the hall. "You're quite young for a General. That's so frustrating", Nari pouted. "Well", Tae Woo scratched his nape. "Regarding the man that I look like.. how is he doing?", Tae Woo asked. Nari smiled and felt Tae woo's concern for Hak. "They're going from place to place. He also have a great group. People who will look for each other's back. In addition to that, he's got a pretty girl with him. Geez, I wonder where they went again", Nari said with energy. "You sound like.you've been with them for quite sometime", Tae Woo commented. "Well, according to their story", Nari tried to lie. "You're quite talented to have a conversation while having a fight", Tae woo said with a poker face. "Well, I guess my training paid off", Nari nervously laughed. They entered the hall and saw Kyo Ga instructing and retelling the soldiers with the strategy. They're still going to train while waiting for a perfect time to attack. Nari looked at Kyo Ga.

I wonder how's that little brother is doing...

"You are creepily smiling", a middle aged lady suddenly appeared in front them. She's surrounded by soldiers of Sei. "We're not in war with Sei so does that mean that we're with them?", Tae Woo asked. "This is the queen of Sei, bow down", the assistant of the queen demanded. "No need", Sei's queen ordered the assistant to step back. "Right. We don't need to bow with someone who doesn't even belong in this Kingdom. In this territory, you are no one", Nari passed through her.

Name: Queen YeiziaAge: 39Relation to Nari : Aunt

Name: Queen Yeizia
Age: 39
Relation to Nari : Aunt

"I came here to bring you medicine", Yeizia gave a friendly smile. "My father told me not to trust friendly smiles. It comes with danger in package", Nari turned back to look at her. "Don't underestimate the effects of withdrawal. Ohh, how shame that a beautiful lady like you is under a curse of...", Yeizia was about to reveal the truth of Nari's usage of Nadai. Nari threw a dagger and cut Yeizia's fan. The soldiers surrounded Nari. "Stop, we are in their territory", Yeizia said while laughing. Nari got frustrated and blood is boling hot. A hand dropped on Nari's shoulder. It was a reassuring touch and a gentle one. "Do we have some business here, Your Highness?", Soo Won gave a friendly smile. "Oh, we're just having a family conversation", Yeizia returned a smile. "Is that so? I apologize that Nari no longer belongs to you. She is a loyal citizen of Kouka and if you mess with her. I'll mess with your whole countey", Soo Won gave a threatening stare. They left afterwards.

Nari passed through Soo Won with her head bowed down.

Water Tribe...
Lili's Exile Area.
House

"You've brought quite a gift", Lili sighed to Tetora. She explained about her exile.

That night, she slept next to Yona. "This is quite an unusual event. I wish she would also join us", Yona was referring to Nari. "That white haired lady. She's quite a beauty", Lili smiled but remembered how Hak and Nari had a clash. "The Kouka soldiers are being dispersed to the borders of Kai. I don't think that Soo Won is wrong for doing that. Even if he killed my father, I cant bring myself to kill him", Yona clenched her fist. "Yona. Dont tell me you feel something for...", Lili stopped talking and hugged the lady.

"Nari as well. Even if she's sided to her. I can't help myself to hate her", Yona added. "Actually...", Lili hesitated  for a while. "When I was left in care of her, she was stricken by a very high fever. It's almost unnatural. She's been coughing blood so I asked if she's taking any medicine. That girl went to the bottles collected during the raid of Nadai incident. She took a sip and her body temperature suddenly went down. I've been asking lately... the older people told me that the only one's who can counter the effect of Nadai is someone who've been using it for quite sometime. She was able to maintain her body because of the drug, she's having withdrawal... I guess", Lili informed.

Hiryuu Castle
Night Time
Nari/Yona's room

She opened the sealed bottle and smelled it. That bastard. Nari held the bottle and went at the window. She was about to slam it on the ground when she coughed again. She coughed blood and went a bit dizzy. She held on the window stool. Nari heard a knock in her door. She hid the Nadai and wiped her hands.

Upon opening, she saw Soo Won standing in front of him. "You know why I came, right?", Soo won said with a serious voice. "You can't sleep? You want me to massage your head?", Nari asked while leading Soo Won inside the room. Nari is wearing a dress with another layer of robe. "I can play the harp for you", Nari grabbed the harp and started playing. Soo Won grabbed the harp and placed it on the side. "I see, you want it to be quiet. I guess you're tired from all the meeting. I'll just ask the servants prepare some tea", Nari tried to run outside when Soo Won slammed the table.

Chapter End...