A Lone Soldier

You are to patrol on the nearby villages of Kouka. If the war starts, some Kai soldiers would take refuge on the small villages. Can I trust you on that?

Why do I always have to take care of the small fries?

You're someone who wouldn't let even one innocent soul to be sacrificed.

Nari wears her mask covering the upper portion of her face. She rides the horse and saw a small village. She took a little tour and loosen her mask since it doesn't seemed to be a dangerous place to stay. "Help, our son is missing. You're wearing a soldier's clothe. Please look for him", one of the villager came running towards her. "Can I have some details?", Nari asked. His name is Kalgan and a 13 year old brat. She rode a bit far from the village and sensed some people entering the village. She hid at the tree and watched the group pass by. She faced palmed. It wasn't even a month since the incident happen at Shisen. She looked around and saw that they're not being followed. Nari went down and rode her horse again. She nearly fainted when she saw Shinah in front of her. "You nearly killed me, Shinah", Nari comaplined. "I saw you a while ago. Are you spying us?", Shinah asked. "My task is to protect the villages. This village is the closest to Kai", Nari informed. "I saw soldiers... 100 of them. Is there a war ongoing?", Shinah asked. "Why dont you go with your group? You'd be left alone", Nari pushed him. "You're going to be alone. Where will you stay?", Shinah asked. "I'm used to sleeping outside. Didn't I say that before?", Nari asked. Shinah gave a bow and left.

The village was welcoming. Kija who just fell sick during the journey was welcomed in their house. Yun used his herbs to ease the pain. Yona and Hak went to look around. At the same time, Nari went to get some food at the village. She saw Yun entering a tent. She sneaked and stood outside.

Is a new dragon born?'

I dont think so but its not impossible. Dragon's life are short. My father died when he was 27'.

Why did that topic opened up?

I accept that fact. We don't get to live that long. Even so, I would use the remaining of my time for Yona. Come to think of it, I'm near at age.

"Is that true?", Yun asked. The four dragons looked at him with a yes. "Come here Yun", Kija invited. "But don't worry. I am still strong", Kija punched Jae Ha. "Even so.. you must live..", Yun cried. "Don't tell Yona, okay?", Kija patted Yun's head. The tent opened and they were shocked to see a familiar figure. "There's no way you are going to die easily. You guys are so strong and so young", Nari clenched her fist and had a face nearly crying. "If that's the case... I would miss Shinah's eyes. I would miss teasing Jae Ha.. I would also miss playing around Kija", Nari vented out. They were all astonished. "Nari.. what are you doing here?", Jae Ha asked. They heard Yona and Hak's voice. Shinah pulled her and pushed her inside Kija's blanket. "How are you feeling, Kija?", Yona asked. "You shouldn't come any closer", Kija waved his hand minding Nari inside his blanket. "Why is everyone's face so stiff?", Hak noticed. "Well, we're just so worried about Kija", Zeno said. "Why don't we start cooking for food?", Yun pushed the two outside. Nari went out the blanket and grasped for air. "Phew, that was near", Jae Ha sighed deeply. "Thank you for that. I'll be staying outside. If you needed something, just come and call me", Nari gave a reassuring smile. "I'll be going with you. Jae Ha, can you please tell Yona that I will be patrolling", Shinah asked.

Outside the Village...

"I can't believe you just rushed on there", Shinah said while walking next to the girl. "Shinah, you can go back. You need to protect Yona. Am I right?", Nari said with a sad tone.

The next morning, Nari was startled to see Shinah panting next to her. She stood up and woke the guy up. He's burning. Nari got her horse and made Shinah ride. She was trying to anticipate what could happen if she enters the village and see Hak and Yona. She shook her head. The important person is Shinah. She looked for any villager to help her get Shinah to a doctor. She ended up bring him to the rest of the group.  It seems that the three dragons were lying next to each other. They were placed also asked to move away  to be isolated from any villager. They set up tent at the mountain. "Is there any medicine that I could get for them?", Nari asked. "I'm afraid we don't know what they are sick of. They just need a lot of water", the Yun informed. Nari rushed to fill in the buckets of water.

She entered and was about to step back when she saw Yona checking on Shinah and the others. "I was wondering why Shinah left for the night. Thank you for bringing him here", Yona looked straight in Nari's eyes. Nari averted her eyes. "I was stationed here to ward off the enemies that would be taking advantage of this village", Nari informed. "I wasn't even asking for that", Yona pouted. Nari changed the wet cloth in their head. "I'm not trying to get their affection. I'm quite aware that they are devoted to their master", Nari explained. "Don't worry. I know you're not that kind of person", Yona said while walking towards Nari. Both girls stood just some inches away. "You grew so tall, Nari", Yona looked up to her. Nari was alarmed when Yona took one sword from her side. Nari was about to raise the other one. "You're a double sword user. Even one sword is hard for me to handle. Can you teach me while you are here?", Yona asked. "Where is Hak? He might be chopping my head off when I'm not to cautious", Nari asked. "He joined the other soldiers. They're having a fight at the borders", Yona answered. Zeno entered and saw the two ladies. "No fighting here", Zeno went in between. "I'll be watching over them. Go and have a girl talk", Zeno shoo them off.

"Girls talk?", Yun had a poker face while watching Nari and Yona have clash of swords at the field.

"You have to be in control of your body balance. Even if you strike hard, you need to feel the ground. You need a good foundation", Nari lectured then swift Yona's feet. Yona fell on the ground and scrape her knee. Nari came to wash the wound with water. "Now, you're acting like a sister again", Yona chuckled. Nari didnt say anything and walked away.

They heard screams from afar. "Some soldiers are attacking us", one villager was able to ran away. "Go and warn the others", Nari commanded. Kija, Jae Ha, and Shinah cant go to battle. "I'll be going", Yona ran towards the place and Zeno went after her. Nari sighed and went after them. Yona shot the arrow but she was pinned down by a soldier. Zeno threw some stones at Yona. The princess is trembling. She couldnt even hold her sword. No one would be there to fight along with her. Hak is nowhere to e found. The dragons are sick. Nari came to hold the other soldier but some are trying to harm Yona. The soldier slashed Zeno but his skin was just regenerating. Yona and Nari was startled. "Mon..monster?!!", the  Kai soldier shouted. Nari blocked the way and stabbed on his eyes. "No one will leave this place. You're the one who decided to come anyways", Nari smirked and decided to leave no one alive. She's got blood lust. Other days, another part of her wakes up as if she is a different person. She was about to decapitate someone but Yona held her hand. "Send one alive...", Yona convinced.

"Are you hurt?", Nari asked. Yona shook her head but Nari saw her sprained ankle. Nari squated down. "Climb on", Nari permitted. "No way, I'm a bit heavy", Yona said shyly. "Want Zeno to do it?", the small guy volunteered. "If you won't be back before night time, those guys will force themselves up to look for you", Nari said while handing her swords to Zeno. "I won't do anything to her, trust me", Nari assured. Yona climbed up Nari's back. "You're really tall. I bet you're at the same height as Yoon. Nope , you're even taller?", Nari asked. "I guess so, I've got another mixture of blood", Nari chuckled.

They went back at the village. Yona fell asleep at her back. Hak was about to charge at her when Zeno stood in between. "I don't know what kind of history you guys have but I am sure that we have the same goal in here. Let's be calm and friendly this time, okay?", Zeno suggested. "Kouka is moving towards the Southern Kai? What does this mean?", Hak asked. "You're the one who spent most of the time with Soo Won and I guess you also have the same thought as him. You know him better", Nari answered. "I don't", Hak raised his voice. "He's just claiming what was once stolen from Kouka", Nari informed and walked passing through Hak. She stopped and slowly dropped Yona on the ground. "Yun must be cooking really delicious food for her to gain too much weight", Nari teased while massaging her back. "I don't understand you. The last time we saw you, you declared being that guy's personal guard and now you're getting quite comfortable with the Princess", Hak sighed while carrying Yona in his arms.

They started to walk away. "What are you waiting for? Aren't you coming with us?", Hak asked. "I'll stay here", Nari turned her back and walked away.

Chapter End.